- 1 free press release submission per day
- Do not create multiple accounts and submit similar theme content under different aliases
- Do not resubmit a previously published release
- Do not abuse. Abuse will result in your account being banned and stories deleted
How Do I Know If My Press Release Is Not Accepted?
- Your release will no longer appear in the system under Manage Press Release
Reasons For Free Press Release Rejections
- Uppercase headline - Your headline was not in Capitalized Case with the first letter of each word capitalized. Exceptions to this include words less than three characters.
- Lowercase headline - Your headline was not in Capitalized Case with the first letter of each word capitalized. Exceptions to this include words less than three characters.
- Poor headline - The headline lacked a news angle and/or attribution to the company distributing the release.
- Poor headline attribution - Your company name should always be placed in the headline for proper attribution.
- Spacing errors - The release lacked natural line wraps or the required line break in between paragraphs.
- Reads like an advertisement or SPAM - The press release reads like an advertisement or SPAM. Examples of these words and phrases include FREE, "Make Money", "Don't miss this opportunity!", SALE!!!!
- Poor newsworthiness - The release does not have sufficient news value for distribution.
- Prohibited content - The release contains prohibited content.
- Poor writing quality - The release is poorly written and/or does not make sense.
- Lack credible contact information - The release contains incomplete or lack of credible contact information.
- Lower case contact information - Your contact information was not in Capitalized Case with the first letter of each word capitalized.
- Resembles an article - The release reads more like an article than a press release.
- Forbidden HTML code - The release contained embedded HTML or other mark-up languages.
- Keyword spamming - Blatantly excessive keywords or phrases in the headline and body of the press release.
- Quotes / special character problem - The release contains non-standard characters which we do not support. Eg. Microsoft single and double quotes.
Under Our 'Free Press Release' Option We Do Not Distribute:
- Personal opinions - we will not distribute content intended to harm or exact personal revenge against a person or group.
- References legal matter - The release references legal matter, which we do not accept for free releases.
- Public company reference - The press release references a publicly traded company, or their ticker symbol which we do not accept for free releases.
- Blog posts - Blog posts, general interest articles, "open letters" and the like usually lack attribution and/or news value.
- Defamatory or intent to harm - This content is defined as anything deemed intended to: incite, advocate or express hatred, bigotry, racism or gratuitous violence; promote personal opinions attacking an individual or group; maliciously affect a company's stock; or stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, shame or victimize an individual or group.
- Sexually explicit content - we do not accept content about sexually explicit material or products. Press releases should not contain references or links to explicitly sexual material, illegal material or profane language.
- Health supplements - we do not accept content about health supplements or pharmaceuticals for sexual enhancement.
- Get rich schemes - We do not accept content about how to get rich, networking marketing and MLM schemes.