LONDON, ENGLAND, October 19, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Increasing numbers of candidates are applying for each job vacancy, so organisations are having to seek out savvy new ways to recruit the right candidate. As recruiters look to streamline their processes, while also making each job advertisement accessible to as wide a pool of applicants as possible, video interviewing
is becoming more and more popular.
Video recruitment interviews
cut out the need for the first interview stage, as candidates and recruiters can "meet" each other online. Recruiters can see how candidates respond to the same sort of questions they would normally answer at fisrt interview stage, and can assess their verbal communication and presentation skills.
The Needle Online
is an online recruitment and career management specialist, offering video recruitment interview services
. The team at the Needle Online has the following advice for candidates who are about to embark upon their first video recruitment interview:
(1) Treat it as a Real Interview
- give as much time to planning for a video recruitment interview
as you would for a face to face interview.
(2) Send Materials in Advance
- Ensure you do all the ususla checks beforehand, and send copies of requested materials (e.g. CV, equality & diversity form, copies of ID) in advance if required.
(3) Arrive Early
- If you are going to a video conferencing centre
, arrive in plenty of time to set up the AV equipment. If you are doing the video interview online
, sign in early and be ready to go.
(4) Check Equipment
- Arriving early means you have time to check all the equipment works and you know how to use it. If there are technical glitches, then you have time to fix them. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you're having any issues.
(5) Dress to Impress
- Always wear a suit or appropriate interview attire, even if you are doing the interview online at home. Creased shirts and wonky ties will show up even more on camera!
- If you're at home, make sure your untidy bedroom is not in shot. Arrange yourself in front a plain background, with good lighting from the front. If you're in an office, tidy the desk.
(7) Don't Fidget
- Background sounds are amplified by the microphone, and picking your nails or other unconscious habits may come across as unease or nervousnesses.
(8) Smile & Make Eye Contact
- Remind yourself to do this, as it's easy to forget when you are concentrating.
More articles and advice for candidates, including video interviewing
and applying for jobs online, is available from The Needle Online website at http://theneedleonline.com/
For more information, contact Christine Tautari
on +44 113 2093078 or visit The Needle Online website at: http://theneedleonline.com/
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from David Gillies & Christine Taut: