HOUSTON, TX, February 11, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Daily at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend
, our attorneys see the devastating effects of serious and fatal motor vehicle accidents. Unexpected, catastrophic accidents are life-changing events that can happen in just seconds. Our job as attorneys is to help these accident victims and their families recover, to the fullest extent possible, from a tragic accident.
All too often, these accidents are caused by distracted drivers. Sending or reading a text while behind the wheel, surfing the internet, posting to Facebook, and even Tweeting can take a driver's eyes off the road for almost five seconds. That is enough time to travel the length of a football field when going 55 mph. More importantly, that is too much time to take your eyes off your number one job behind the wheel: driving safely.
That is why we created our Text Free Texas campaign
. We want to get the word out that texting while driving is dangerous. It is not just dangerous to others with whom you share the road; single-vehicle accidents caused by distracted drivers occur as well.
Our Text Free Texas campaign is intended to raise awareness of distracted driving and encourage others to do as we have decided to do: put down your phone while driving. Save a life, possibly your own life, by making the decision not to text and drive.
Did You Know?
In 2011, 81,000, or about one of every four, car crashes in Texas were caused by distracted drivers. These preventable motor vehicle accidents suddenly and unexpectedly claimed the lives of 361 people.
The question is now, "What can be done to stop these types of tragedies?" Through our Text Free Texas campaign, we encourage and challenge you to ask, "What can I do to stop these types of tragedies?"
The answer is simple: put down your phone. Focus on the road. If you need to read or send a text, pull over. If it is not important enough to pull off the road, it can wait.
Encourage your friends and family members to put down their phones while driving. Designate a texter. Ask a passenger to read and respond to incoming text messages.
Add an app to your phone that allows you to autorespond to incoming texts and calls, alerting your friends and family that you are driving and will get back to them when it is safe to do so.
Saving a life may never have sounded so easy. You can do it. A Text Free Texas is possible and together we can make it happen.
Tell everyone that you are with us in working toward ending needless fatal accidents caused by distracted driving in Texas. Google+
* Twitter @AbrahamWatkins #TxtFreeTX
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Madison Slovacek:
- Injury Lawyers Randy Sorrels and Chelsie King Garza of Houston Law Firm Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend Secured The 2012 Top Texas Verdict for Medical Malpractice Cases
- Houston Attorney Benny Agosto, Jr. Recently Attended The White House's First-Ever Hispanic Business Leaders' Forum
- Texas Lawyer Mo Aziz Has Been Selected For Inclusion On The 2013 Texas Rising Stars Listing
- Houston Injury Attorney Daniel D. Horowitz, III, Was Recognized On The 2013 Texas Rising Stars Listing
- Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Brant Stogner Was Selected for Inclusion in the 2013 Texas Rising Stars Listing
- Texas Injury Attorneys Mo Aziz and Curtis Wayne Lucas Ready To Help Seek Justice For Those Seriously Injured In West Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Local Trial Lawyers Raise Over $50,000 for Returning Heroes Home at First Annual Clays Over the Brazos
- Houston Native Sammy Ford IV Of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend Was Recognized On The 2013 Texas Rising Star Listing
- Houston Attorney Randy Sorrels, Managing Partner Of Houston Law Firm Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend Was Recently Presented With The South Texas College Of Law's Dean's Medal
- After Tour Bus Crash In Dallas Killed Two And Injured More Than Forty Passengers, The Texas Injury Law Firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend Offers Answers