NORCROSS, GA, February 26, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The Atlanta car accident
law firm, McAleer Law, would like to discuss the importance of safe winter driving. Although this city often has warm winters that are free from the snow and ice that plague states farther north, it has had its fair share of storms in the past. It only takes one wrong move for an accident to happen, which is why Atlanta residents need to know how to drive in the winter. When the seasons change, so should your driving habits. Although it is important to practice defensive driving techniques all year-round, these are critical when snow comes into the picture.
The accident lawyers in Atlanta
know many residents underestimate the climate, which is why they also see an increased client base when winter weather-related injuries come about. According to Charles McAleer, Founder of McAleer Law, "We in Atlanta are fortunate that Mother Nature is kind to us in this area, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. Even small patches of ice can turn any road into a hazard, which is why residents need to know how to drive in the winter. You may not need to use these skills every year, but at least you will be ready when the time does come." The accident lawyers in Atlanta
offer some helpful tips for safe winter-weather driving.
How to Prevent an Atlanta Car Accident in the winter
- Drive slow and increase the distance between your vehicle and others on the road; you will need the extra space if you start to slide
- Accelerate and brake slowly; never make sudden shifts in speed, as this is the quickest way to lose control of your vehicle
- Make sure your vehicle is free from snow and ice; you want all of your lights to be clearly visible to other motorists. The Atlanta car accident lawyer
knows that poor visibility is the number one cause for winter driving accidents.
- If you start to skid or slide, lift your foot off the accelerator and slowly depress the brake. Turn the wheel in the right direction in slow, controlled movements to bring the vehicle back to center
- Don't forget to pack an emergency kit; a blanket, flashlight and reflectors are all essential tools that you want to keep in your vehicle
The Atlanta accident injury
lawyers at McAleer law specializes in workers' compensation and personal injury law. To learn more about their services, please visit http://www.mcaleerlaw.com
About McAleer Law:
Based out of Decatur, Ga., McAleer Law provides legal services to people throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area. McAleer Law focuses on wrongful personal injuries relating to auto accidents, job sites, falls, and hospital and nursing home errors. Their attorneys help clients get the compensation they are owed.
For more information, visit http://www.mcaleerlaw.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring