NEW YORK, NY, August 29, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- As part of the car brand's latest offering, the BMW X5 Navigation
System goes for a full-blown facelift. The car model in general has been recently updated to make it more geared up towards increased mobility and connectivity. Apparently, it was the X5's comprehensive built-in GPS device - the standard unit, not just an iPod integration - that has received the most number of enhancements, which suggests that the BMW's current focus is on digital technology for efficient and safe driving experience.
Improved Features on the New BMW X5 Navigation System
Past technologies for BMW's navigation system have visibly improved from just being an iPod-compatible system in 2004 to becoming an in-car applications hub in 2011. With the introduction of the iDrive 4.2, wireless capabilities are now enhanced to allow drivers to have full control over the entertainment and navigation functions while ensuring a safe ride. Here are just some of the impressive developments in the original BMW X5 Navigation DVD
and GPS setup:
Google Search via BMW Online
- Those who will subscribe to BMW Online can have an access to the Concierge Services, which integrates the voice control feature with Google for searching points-of-interest (POI) within a specified area. Upon stating the desired destination, the system will then assist the driver in locating it.
Advanced Real Time Traffic Information
- The improved RTTI now provides accurate visualizations of traffic in a particular route. It uses color legends to indicate heavy, moderate and normal flow of traffic in an area.
Touchpad for IDrive Controller
- Just like in many latest models of BMW, the touchpad is now incorporated into the controller's display for a direct, one-hand operation. The physical keys located just below the LCD are not eliminated yet can still be used alternatively with the touch pad for entering information into the BMW Navigation DVD
and GPS system.
Visible volume control
- This function is useful whenever using one of the entertainment apps (radio, TV, internet) and the navigation system simultaneously.
- This speech recognition feature has been improved to allow drivers to make dictated notes that can be sent via SMS or email. As one of the BMW's on-board productivity tools, it now operates in six languages and recognizes a series of instructions which are typically used in word processing applications. This simplifies the task of note-taking while on the go.
Owners of the latest BMW models other than the X5 may opt to install similar devices from third-party suppliers. It may take a while before the aftermarket BMW X5 navigation systems will be able to offer the same aforementioned capabilities.
Autocarplaza offer high-quality car DVD Players at reasonable prices. Partly because of our refusal to sell anything but the best and partly because of our dedication to both our customers and our products, we are a top Internet seller of car electronic, auto parts, auto supplies, auto accessories, and car care products. You can count on us to provide you with high quality products, great deals, and excellent customer service.