CHERRY HILL, NJ, October 16, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- It's time for companies to treat their supply partners as customers and remove the traditional adversarial role that may exist so that both sides can more easily achieve mutual goals. So says David Nitzsche, Senior Vice President of Supply Management for AmeriQuest Business Services in a blog posted on the AmeriQuest Website.
"Everyone understands the adage 'the customer is king,' but how often do you hear about companies treating their suppliers the same way? Companies should stop basing their supplier relationships on lowest price but instead view them as trusted partners vested in the same outcome," Nitzsche says. In his blog
, he lists six ways companies can create a culture of mutual respect with its suppliers:
- Look past price to other benefits suppliers can deliver, such as early access to the newest products or special training for those in sales or service.
- Leverage combined strengths, which can include access to broader distribution or expertise in asset financing or remarketing.
- Become more visible and predictable about expectations so no one gets caught by surprise.
- Base relationships on mutual trust, which is usually returned in kind with other value-added services.
- Set up performance "scorecards" for both the company and the supplier to see if there are areas calling for caution or strengths that can be capitalized on.
- Bring leadership to the relationship to assure success, making it clear the philosophy is shared from the top down.
In his blog, Nitzsche explain in more detail how these goals can be achieved by any sized business. To view the posting, go to http://blog.ameriquestcorp.com/six-ways-to-leverage-supplier-relationships/
About AmeriQuest Business Services, Inc.
AmeriQuest is a business process outsourcing
company (BPO), serving more than 1,500 customers throughout North America. Combining unmatched expertise, comprehensive services in the procurement, managed services, and financial supply chain functions, AmeriQuest Business Services helps customers move forward in every part of their business. For more information on AmeriQuest, visit ameriquestcorp.com
or call (856) 382-4713.