Clark & Washington
NORCROSS, GA, October 25, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Not every Atlanta bankruptcy attorney
would be willing to fight its clients case all the way to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, but Clark & Washington did. The Atlanta bankruptcy firm fought the case through two decisions against their client, finally winning the circuit court ruling that secures better bankruptcy options for home owners devastated by the collapse of the housing market.
The company's client, Ms. Lorraine McNeal had two mortgages on her home, one for $176,413 and a second mortgage for $44,444, when the value of her home plummeted to $141,416. Because her home was now less that the value of her first mortgage, the bankruptcy lawyers in Atlanta argued that her second mortgage was an unsecured loan. Unsecured loans can be forgiven in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
The ruling by the appeals court offers some hope for home owners devastated by the change in housing prices. Others considering bankruptcy in Atlanta
will be able to use the court ruling to argue that a second mortgage which is completely above the current value of their home should be forgiven in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, potentially saving home owners tens of thousands of dollars.
Stripping the second lien off a person's home would require that the value of the home has dropped below the amount owed on the first mortgage. The federal court decision secures the right of distressed home owners to seek relief via Atlanta bankruptcy.
The attorneys at Clark & Washington take each case as seriously as they did the McNeal case, fighting for their clients as long as it takes.
If you now owe considerably more than your home is worth and are considering bankruptcy, visit Clark & Washington at http://www.cw13.com
About Clark & Washington
Established in 1983, Clark & Washington is now one of the leading bankruptcy filers in the southeast. They have locations in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. Clark & Washington specializes in personal chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy. They offer honest, helpful legal advice to those experiencing financial hardships.
For more information visit: http://www.cw13.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Director of Account Management
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Jason Donovan:
- Atlanta Limousine Service Company, Metro Limo, Advise Booking Now For Prom Limo Specials
- Atlanta Landscape Supply Company, Bulks Landscape Supply, Notes John Deere's New Compact Offerings
- Rent a Dumpster in Atlanta with GreenStar Waste to Get Rid of Excess Yard Waste
- Book an Atlanta Limo for St. Paddy's Day with Metro Limo
- Atlanta Landscape Design Experts, Property Masters Landscape & Design, Talk Outdoor Lighting
- Atlanta Landscapers, Property Masters Landscape & Design, Will Build Custom Fences in Your Yard
- Small Group Health Insurance Provider, Providence, Notes Importance of Insurance During Flu Crisis
- Atlanta Wildlife Removal Professionals, Team Pest USA, Wonder if There is Wildlife in Your Office
- Team Pest USA Offers Commercial Pest Control in Atlanta
- Atlanta Pest Control Company, Team Pest USA, Encourages Referrals Through Its New Referral Program