AC White Relocations
NORCROSS, GA, February 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Atlanta movers
A.C. White, a fourth generation, family-owned company, wants to help prevent consumers from falling prey to moving scams where the ultimate fee charged is much higher than the original estimate. They encourage people to get more information on the website MovingScam.com (http://www.movingscam.com
), which provides advice to consumers about ways to spot and avoid these scams before hiring an Atlanta moving company
. MovingScam.com was started by Tim Walker after his own moving nightmare more than a decade ago, when a bid of just under $1,900 turned into a $5,000+ bill as the company "kept his possessions hostage" for six weeks.
What is the scam?
Generally, it starts with a website where a customer enters their moving information, which is then forwarded to "moving companies" that compete for their business. A company will provide a low bid, generally by cubic footage rather than weight, because they would have to provide proof of weight. When the movers arrive at the new location, they give another price, which the customer must pay in order to reclaim their belongings. These companies will demand full payment, and threaten to take the customer's items and sell them if the amount they want is not paid in full.
How Do You Find a Reputable Mover?
MovingScam.com's Tim Walker provides helpful information on how to differentiate a legitimate company from one that is not. Here are a few general tips:
1. Do not arrange your move online. This is where the scammers get their victims. Instead, find a company that has an office in your area, and has been in business for at least ten years. Do not hesitate to ask your real estate agent for several recommendations of Atlanta movers
2. Find out if the company does the move themselves or subcontracts it. Do not hire a company that will not do the move themselves.
3. Schedule an in-home estimate with a sales representative from each Atlanta moving company
you are considering. Reputable companies will do this. As noted, never hire a company that gives you a quote based on cubic feet, as this is illegal. Do not sign any contract or document without reading it carefully, and ensuring that all of the information is included.
4. Find out as much as you can about each company, both from the sales rep and by doing your own research. Movingscam.com provides a comprehensive list of information that should be obtained about the company before you commit to hiring them at http://www.movingscam.com./findmover.shtml
5. Visit each company's office, look at their storage facility, and check on their trucks, which should have the company name permanently painted on them.
Pete White, Vice President of Sales for the Atlanta moving company A.C. White Relocations, says, "Before you trust someone with all of your belongings, do some research, and get estimates. Everyone wants reasonably-priced service, but a move is not the time to make finding a bargain the top priority. If a quote seems too good to be true, it probably is."
Although A.C. White is best known for providing moving and relocation services in Atlanta, data storage
is an important part of their business as well. For more information on the company, please visit http://www.acwhite.com/
About A.C. White Relocations:
Atlanta moving company, A.C. White Relocations, has been family owned and operated since 1926. Four generations of experience with moving in Atlanta has given A.C. White Relocations a distinct advantage over other Atlanta movers. With offices in Atlanta, Columbus, Macon and Savannah, A.C. White Relocations' dedication to superior service and customer satisfaction has earned them both the respect and loyalty of their Georgia moving clients. Partnered with United Van Lines, A.C. White Relocations has the resources and the care and attentiveness everyone needs in Atlanta movers.
For more information, please visit http://www.acwhite.com/
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Yellow Ribbon Tree Experts Encourages Tree Removal Before Hurricane Season Hits
- Facilitation Pros, Leadership Strategies, Hosting Advanced Facilitation Course in DC in June
- Corporate Facilitators Database, FindaFacilitator.com, Features Virtual Facilitator Tool
- Corporate Facilitation Experts, Leadership Strategies, Maintain a Net Promoter Score of 93
- Orlando Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Address 1,238 Bankruptcies in Orlando in January
- Book a Limo for Your Spring Wedding with Atlanta Limo Service, Topper
- Gembecki's Current Deal on Air Conditioning in Orlando: $300 Off 16-SEER Two-Speed Amana System
- Eclipse Shutters Offers Half-Window Applications with Plantation Shutters
- Plantation Shutters are the Most Custom Option in Window Treatments, Note Eclipse Shutters
- Stork Nest's New Online Store Features Fisher-Price Diapers