NORCROSS, GA, January 03, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- OrthoAtlanta would like to discuss the dangers of certain injuries that are more likely to occur during the fall/winter seasons and how you should go about treating them.
Fall sports, especially football, can lead to a number of painful injuries. One very common injury is a jammed finger, resulting in a fracture. Really any contact sport can lead to this condition, and though it may heal on its own, leaving a fracture alone is not the wisest idea. Oftentimes fractures will heal improperly, which can cause painful reoccurrences and spoil many fun fall games in the years to come. If this happens to you, or if it already has, seek out the help of an Atlanta sports medicine
professional to minimize your chances of a long lasting issue.
Activities such as fall yard sales or yard clean ups may seem safe enough, but sometimes a slippery layer of leaves can cause some pretty bad slips and falls. Injuries that may arise from such falls include a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury. If you hit your knee and hear a loud, popping noise, chances are it is a PCL injury. Your first reaction should be to ice, elevate, and compress the area. Then, seek out a good Atlanta physical therapist
to help you rebuild muscle and speed your healing process.
"We all know winter can lead to some nasty injuries caused by the slippery ice, but many of us are less cautious in the busy and potentially dangerous fall season," explains Dr. Michael Behr, Atlanta orthopedic surgeon at OrthoAtlanta. "If you do get injured, I encourage not putting off treatment, as many seemingly small issues, especially in the joints, can lead to long lasting pain and inconvenience."
OrthoAtlanta have an experienced team of specialists that can help with your autumn injuries, whether you need physical therapy or restorative surgery, or anything in between. To learn more about the Atlanta orthopedic surgeons, visit http://www.orthoatlanta.com
OrthoAtlanta is a full-service Atlanta orthopaedic practice helping patients to recover from injury or illness. With multiple locations around the Atlanta area, OrthoAtlanta offers comprehensive orthopaedic care, including cartilage restoration, pediatrics, shoulder, knee, hand, foot and ankle, spine, sports medicine, trauma and total joint care. With years of research, training and experience, the medical staff at OrthoAtlanta is dedicated to helping patients perform - and live life - at their best.
For more information, please visit http://www.OrthoAtlanta.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Anne DeVito:
- Samson Trailways Discusses Reasons to Hire an Atlanta Bus Charter for Your Group Outings This Season
- Atlanta Bus Charter Company, Samson Trailways, Shares How to Go Green with Mass Transit
- Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys, McAleer Law, Discuss Risks in Winter Driving and How They Can Help
- Georgia Injury Accident Lawyer, McAleer Law, Reminds Customers of Satellite Office in Mobile, Ala.
- Professional Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Recommend Cool Tools for Holiday Cooking
- Commercial Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Can Help Stock Your Restaurant for the Holiday Crowds
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Discusses Top Interview Mistakes to Avoid
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Announces Its New VP of Business Development, Michael Walden
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Offers Tips on How to Make a Seasonal Job a Lasting Position
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Encourages Seeking Employment Now for After Seasonal Employment Ends