A Shread Ahead
NORCROSS, GA, February 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- With identity theft on the rise, Atlanta shredding
service A Shred Ahead wishes to discuss how The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (or FACTA) can help consumers and company employees deter identity theft and keep sensitive information safe.
FACTA was signed into law in 2003 by George W. Bush as an amendment to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. It adds several provisions to the original act, including allowing consumers to obtain a free credit report once every twelve months and providing specific actions for companies to follow to help reduce potential identity theft.
These provisions cover the disposal practices that businesses must follow when discarding consumer reports. In order to be in compliance with FACTA, businesses must "burn, pulverize, or shred papers containing consumer report information so that the information cannot be read or reconstructed." A Shred Ahead, which offers shredding services in Atlanta
and the southeast, finds that shredding is the most convenient and cost effective of these disposal methods.
"It takes significant resources to be able to burn or pulverize documents to the point where they will be adequately destroyed in accordance with FACTA," explains Tom Hanlon of A Shred Ahead, a company which provides paper shredding in Tampa
, Dallas, Miami, and Atlanta. "Shredding is the more cost effective option for companies which handle large quantities of sensitive documentation, and it ensures that all consumer report information is properly destroyed to avoid identity theft."
If your company handles sensitive consumer documents, FACTA allows for you to contract out your document destruction to companies like A Shred Ahead, which can appropriately handle and destroy all consumer report materials. Learn more about your legal obligations to destroy consumer documentation under FACTA and A Shred Ahead's shredding services in Miami
, Atlanta, North Carolina, and the southeast at http://www.ashredahead.com
About A Shred Ahead:
A Shred Ahead was built from two small companies to become the largest independent shredding company in the South. Founded in 2003, their team of professionals focus on putting the customer first and offering fast, reliable services.
For more information, visit http://www.ashredahead.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring