ATLANTA, GA, October 02, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Atlanta Technology Angels (ATA), the entrepreneurs gateway to smart capital, today announced its investors have raised $2.3 million for eight startups in the first half of 2013. The organization has also received a record number of applications over the first half of the year and promoted Kate King to Chief Operating Officer. As a member-led organization, comprised of 120 accredited investors and sponsors, ATA has been recognized as one of the top 10 networks in the U.S. in portfolio size, members and opportunity flow. ---
The Importance of the Angel Network
Angel investors are imperative to the success of the nation's emerging businesses. According to Startupco.com, Angels are investing $20 billion into 60,000 startup companies per year. With more than 258,000 active Angel investors throughout the U.S., this group's impact on the startup ecosystem is significant and extremely valuable to the future of the nation's startup and small business environment.
"Lately, we've seen venture capital funding compress and angel investors are stepping in and leading the way for emerging businesses, offering them important resources to grow and thrive," stated Bernie Dixon, Chair of ATA. "Companies from across the U.S. are seeking out ATA for guidance and funding and in 2013, the organization has experienced a record number of applicants. We have established our member network as a valuable source in the prospering Angel network and we are honored to fill the need and help startup companies grow to be flourishing and innovative companies."
ATA's Recent Investments
ATA's member-led investment network sources and performs due diligence, invests and provides post deal stewardship for early stage technologies companies throughout the U.S. with a large concentration being from the southeast. Most recently, ATA has invested in the following early stage companies:
• GetOne Rewards (http://info.getonerewards.com/) - provides a quick, easy and sophisticated turnkey solution to increase customer retention through loyalty using mobile technologies.
• Lightshed Healthcare Technologies (https://www.lightshedhealth.com/) - helps hospitals and practices manage patient expectations about waiting for care.
• Pretty in my Pocket (PRIMP) (http://prettyinmypocket.com/) - delivers a mobile and social platform that enhances the beauty shopping experience both online and offline, inside the drugstore or at the high-end beauty counter.
• Variable Technologies (http://www.linkedin.com/company/variable-technologies-llc) - integrates cutting-edge sensors with smartphones using its NODE wireless sensor platform.
• Vehcon (http://www.vehcon.com) - solutions help companies across the automotive ecosystem -- from auto insurance to vehicle services companies, to get closer to their customers.
• Verdeeco (http://www.verdeeco.com/about-us) - a smart grid analytics company offering big data solutions for utilities.
• VoAPPS (http://www.voapps.com) - mixes its proprietary Adaptive Signaling technology (Adapti-Sig) with other off-the-shelf voice technologies including voicemail, IVR and Text-to-Speech, and web-centric data, to create gripping Voice Applications that enable Businesses and Consumers to Communicate efficiently, naturally and more cost effectively.
• Wisegate IT (http://www.wisegateit.com) - invitation-only community of senior information technology professionals that helps members succeed in IT by arming them with the depth of practical knowledge they need to confidently keep pace with the ever changing demands of their job.
Developing Internal Team
In addition to the organization's recent investments, it is also developing its team internally with King's recent promotion. In her role, King manages the organization's operations and supports business development, working closely with ATA's Board. King coordinates investments between members and startups and keeps ATA focused on its mission to be the nation's leading organization for connecting entrepreneurs with capital to grow their business.
"We are looking forward to the remainder of 2013 and know the next few months will add a number of other startups to our portfolio of success stories. ATA is proud to serve startups and offer assistance when needed and I am thrilled to be a part of the team," King explained.
For more information about ATA, visit http://angelatlanta.com/.
About Atlanta Technology Angels
The Atlanta Technology Angels (ATA) is an organization comprised of 120 accredited investors and sponsors. ATA is a member led investment network that sources, performs due diligence, invests and provides post deal stewardship for early stage technology companies in Georgia and the Southeast. ATA ranks in the top 10 networks in the U.S. in portfolio size, members and opportunity flow and invests in technology based companies with large market potential.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Carrie Crabill: