Clark & Washington
NORCROSS, GA, January 15, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Clark & Washington, leading Atlanta bankruptcy lawyers
, want to remind resident that debt management is very important. We have witnessed the start of a new year, and for many people this means taking part in various resolutions. If there is one thing you should focus on, make it your financial situation. Debt is something most of us encounter; for various reasons, it comes into our lives and presents a challenge. From emergencies to unexpected costs to loss of employment, it does not take long to go from being ok to being in trouble. The Atlanta bankruptcy attorneys at Clark & Washington know that bankruptcy in Atlanta
is not always a matter of bad decisions. They mention the case of one of the founding fathers, Thomas Jefferson, to illustrate this point.
The Bankruptcy of Thomas Jefferson
The former President of the United States may have been wealthy, but this did not keep him from accumulating debt. Like the vast majority of people, his financial burden was caused by a number of factors, rather than one single event. During the 18th century, a large number of people survived by farming. Jefferson was a well-known planter that had large tracts of land, but this proved to be more of a burden than benefit. Farming was not always a profitable venture, and as such Jefferson acquired increasing debt to various creditors. In addition, it did not help his case when his father-in-law's substantial debt load fell upon his hands when he died. This, along with Jefferson's lavish lifestyle, ended up leading him to acquire at least $1 million in debt.
Are you in debt?
The Atlanta bankruptcy attorneys
want to reaffirm that financial hardship is thus not always one-sided. There are various factors that can contribute to this problem, and oftentimes these are beyond our control. However, unwise spending habits do tend to be a cause for many people. While Jefferson's scale of spending may be on the opposite side of the spectrum in relation to the average family, the choices he made centuries ago bare a stark similarity to the modern era. Unnecessary expenditures add up over time, and it is this danger that the Atlanta bankruptcy
firm wants residents to be aware of.
If you have found yourself subject to financial burden, the attorneys at Clark & Washington strongly advise you to pay them a visit. They offer a free debt consultation service, and will answer any questions you have in a personal and professional manner. To learn more about the services the offer, please visit http://www.cw13.com
About Clark & Washington
Established in 1983, Clark & Washington is now one of the leading bankruptcy filers in the southeast. They have locations in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee. Clark & Washington specializes in personal chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy. They offer honest, helpful legal advice to those experiencing financial hardships.
For more information, visit http://www.cw13.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring