LONDON, ENGLAND, February 16, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- On Wednesday 5th March, Music Week's industry showcase RADAR returns to Under the Bridge, London with an exciting new 'Breaking' slot from partners, BIMM Group.---
Music Week's industry showcase gives the best unsigned and newly signed UK music acts an opportunity to perform in front of key music industry influencers, including, Warner, Sony, BMI, Spotify and Channel 4.
Backed by music industry heavyweights, and following the success of the first RADAR event, this is set to become the leading UK music industry showcase and a great networking event.
'BIMM Breaking' is an exclusive opportunity for BIMM Group's industry ready students and alumni to perform. Future RADAR events will see new talent from Tech Music School London, BIMM Bristol and BIMM Manchester perform in front of a diverse industry crowd.
Vaseema Hamilton, Principal of BIMM Brighton, Bristol and Manchester said, "Our mission is not only to educate but to give our students the platform they need to launch long term careers as artists.
To achieve this, we are constantly developing innovative ways to work with our industry partners. We are committed to providing 'super-curricular' experiences. Gigs, Masterclasses, A&R panels, our BIMM album and now the RADAR Showcase with Music Week continues to connect our students directly with the industry. Working closely with Music Week, MusicConnex and ILuvLive is a really exciting new venture.
For further information on BIMM music courses and how to apply please visit http://www.bimm.co.uk/
Notes to editors
• BIMM (Brighton, Bristol, Dublin, Manchester and Tech Music School London) is the UK and Ireland's leading provider of contemporary music vocational and higher education courses.
• RADAR is an industry networking and showcase event in association with Music Week, ILUVLIVE and MusicConnex
• BIMM Group offers its students a broad range of course levels, from diplomas through to BA (Hons) degrees across all five colleges. With over 3500 students courses include guitar, bass, drums, vocals, songwriting, live sound and tour management, music business, music production and event management. Delivered by over 100 trained active professional tutors, all of whom have touring, performing and session experience and a background in the professional music industry.
• BIMM colleges enjoy outstanding retention and achievement rates, excellent student feedback and a strong track record of alumni success; students have scored more than thirty UK Top 40 singles and have been involved in successful UK Top 20 albums including The Kooks (who have sold over 2 million albums), Beth Rowley, Kate Walsh and Tom Odell.
• Other student successes include Ben Thompson, who has toured the world with Two Door Cinema Club and BIMM Bristol musician Steve Sparrow who is signed to Parlophone Records/EMI with his band Morning Parade. The band recorded their debut album with producer Jason Cox (Gorillaz, Jamie T, Blur) at Damon Albarn's Studio 13.
• In 2012 BIMM was awarded 'highly trusted status' by the UK Border Agency and is fully accredited for International student enrollment. Also in the same year BIMM became a member of UCAS.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #