California Women Lawyers To Honor Sixteen Women Of Achievement At 39th Annual Dinner & Silent Auction
Annual recognition goes to women in the legal field.
SACRAMENTO, CA, September 13, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- California Women Lawyers (CWL) will recognize 16 notable women lawyers as their "2012-2013 Women of Achievement" at their 39th Annual Dinner on Oct. 10, 2013. To be held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose, Calif., the dinner features keynote speaker Therese M. Stewart, Chief Deputy City Attorney of the City and County of San Francisco, and the induction of the 2013-2014 CWL Board of Governors by Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye.
"The recognition as a 'Woman of Achievement' is given to women lawyers for their accomplishments and contributions to the profession and community this past year," says CWL President Eliza Rodrigues. "I am thrilled to honor them for everything they have accomplished."
The CWL 2012-2013 Women of Achievement include:
• Hon. Patricia Bamattre-Manoukian - Associate Justice, Sixth District Court of Appeal
• Hon. Nicole Bershon - Appointed to Los Angeles County Superior Court
• Andrea Carlise - Partner, Patton Woolen Carlise LLP
• Aileen Casanave - General Counsel and Vice President of Business Development, Crimp Cabling Concepts
• Patricia Egan Daehnke - President, Los Angeles County Bar Association
• Hon. Teresa Estrada-Mullaney, retired - Superior Court of San Luis Obispo County
• Elizabeth Franklin - Executive Director and Associate General Counsel, Global Employment and Immigration, Maxim Integrated
• Ruth Kahn - Partner, Steptoe & Johnson, LLP
• Hon. Joan Dempsey Klein - Presiding Justice, Division Three, Second District Court of Appeal
• Jackie Lacey - Los Angeles County District Attorney
• Claire Lipschultz - Director of Public Advocacy, National Council of Jewish Women, Sacramento Section
• Lilys D. McCoy - Director, Center for Solo Practitioners and Solo Practice Concentration, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
• Hon. Beverly Reid O'Connell - U.S. District Court Judge for the Central District of California
• Lori E. Pegg - Assistant County Counsel, Santa Clara County Office of the County Counsel, appointed to Santa Clara County Superior Court
• Hon. Paula S. Rosenstein - San Diego County Superior Court
• Wendy Tucker - Partner, Sedgwick LLP
Reservations for the 39th Annual Dinner & Silent Auction are due by Sept. 13. Additional details and registration information can be found at http://www.cwl-dinner2013.eventbrite.com.
California Women Lawyers is the only statewide bar association dedicated to promoting the advancement of women in the profession of law and society. The organization has represented the interests of more than 30,000 women in all facets of the legal profession, influencing lawyers, educators, students and judges. CWL was founded in 1974 as a commitment to the advancement of women, to universal equal rights and to the elimination of unfair bias. Connect with CWL on LinkedIn and Facebook. On the net: http://www.cwl.org.
Chuck Brown Blattel Communications San Francisco, CA U.S. Voice: 415.413.4529 E-Mail:Email us Here
Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the contact module of this page. Please do not attempt to contact 24-7PressRelease. We are unable to assist you with any information regarding this release. 24-7PressRelease disclaims any content contained in this press release. Please see our complete Terms of Service disclaimer for more information.