NEW YORK, NY, January 21, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/
-- CelloPointe fuses dancers with live cello performances headed by Grammy-nominated cellist, Peter Wiley and original choreography by Emery LeCrone, Deborah Wingert and Gabrielle Lamb. This chamber music and contemporary ballet event takes place at the Ailey Citigroup Theater, 405 West 55th Street in New York, New York. More information about our unique concert is available on our facebook page or website at http://www.CelloPointe.com
Tickets are $25 with online registration at Brown Paper Tickets or $30 cash at door
or call 1-800-838-3006
CelloPointe features chamber music arranged for five cellists accompanying contemporary ballet. This performance include selections by composers Vivaldi, George Crumb, Piazolla and Apocalyptica.
Their illustrious list of musicians includes:
- Grammy-nominated cellist, Peter Wiley of The Curtis Institute of Music and Bard College. Mr. Wiley is a member of the piano quartet, Opus One and formerly of Guarneri String Quartet and the Beaux Arts Trio.
- Cellist Summer Hu, recent graduate from the Curtis Institute of Music, pursuing a masters at Wharton. Ms. Hu subs with the Philadelphia Orchestra and is a graduate of Curtis Institute of Music.
- Cellist Jeonghyoun Lee has participated with the Rising Stars at Caramoor and Angel Fire Music Festival, recent graduate from the Curtis Institute of Music and this year pursuing a Master's Degree at Juilliard.
- Cellist David Wiley is a graduate of Bard College and a cello teacher with Harmony program in NYC.
- Cellist Nathan Vickery is member of the New York Philharmonic, participant at Marlboro Music Festival, Music from Angel Fire and a graduate from Curtis Institute of Music.
Their dancers include:
- Kate Loh, who is a member of Staten Island Ballet, Neglia Ballet Artists in Buffalo, Continuum Contemporary Ballet & Morales Dance; Ms. Loh graduated with honors from Fairfield University.
- Shannon Maynor is a member of Ballet INC, Nomad Contemporary Ballet, Eglevsky Ballet and has danced with Oregon Ballet Theater. She was trained at California Dance Theater.
- Claire Mazza currently is a soloist with Connecticut Ballet and trained at the School of American Ballet. Ms. Mazza is appearing this season on the TV Show Elementary.
- Morgan Stinnett is a soloist with Connecticut Ballet, member of Aijkun Ballet and studied at Point Park College.
- Dona Wiley is a company member with Ballet INC, James Robey Dance & Neglia Ballet Artists in Buffalo NY. She has danced with Connecticut Ballet, studied at intensives with Susan Jaffe at Princeton and American Ballet Theater.