CAMBRIDGE, MA, February 11, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Charles Wang, Director for the Center for Genomics, and Professor of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics at Loma Linda University to give a presentation titled "Single-Cell Transcriptome Analysis of Mouse Cardiomyocytes Derived Progenitor Cells," at the Inaugural Single Cell Analysis in Cambridge, MA on May 22-23, 2014 by GTC.
Dr. Wang, MD, PhD, MPH, is Director of the Center for Genomics and a Professor in the Division of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, School of Medicine, Loma Linda University (LLU).
He held the positions as Director of the Functional Genomics Core at City of Hope National Medical Center, Associate Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Director of the Clinical Transcriptional Genomics Core at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center before joining LLU. Dr. Wang is a recipient of several awards, including the AACR-Bristol-Myers Squibb Young Investigator Award of the American Association for Cancer Research and the first place graduate award for Research Excellence of Society of Toxicology.
Dr. Wang serves as Editorial Board Members for the Current Stem Cell Research & Therapy, the World Journal of Stem Cells, the Frontiers, and the Single Cell Genomics & Proteomics. Dr. Wang is an expert on genomics and transcriptomics, with many high visibility peer-reviewed papers published in the high profile journals such as Nature Biotechnology, Nature Communications and PNAS. He was one of the project leaders for the FDA-led international working group/consortium on MicroArray Quality Control (MAQC) and Sequencing Quality Control (SEQC) projects.
For more information, please visit http://www.gtcbio.com/singlecellanalysis/agenda
GTC organizes conferences specifically for the biomedical and biopharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to facilitate the exchange of biopharmaceutical and biomedical intelligence between industry leaders, academic institutions, government organizations and the financial community.
GTC (Global Technology Community), LLC, is a privately held company founded in 2002.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kristen Starkey:
- Robert McCormack to Present at Biomarker Meeting on Oct. 9-10 in Dublin, Ireland
- Sarah Nietzer to Speak at Imaging Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Lars Hammarström to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- Jianxin Zhang, Sanofi Pasteur, to Speak at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Vasilis Ntziachristos to Speak at Imaging Conf., Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Martin Hallbeck to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conf.erence, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- James Errey, Of Heptares To Talk At Protein Expression Meeting, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Stephen Anderson, of Sanofi R & D to Speak at Antibody & Protein Mtg, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Philip Dormitzer, Novartis to Speak at Vaccines Meeting, July 9, 2014, in Boston
- Darryle Schoepp, Merck, to Give Keynote Talk at CNS Summit, Sept 18-19, 2014, SF