NASHVILLE, TN, December 06, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Increased action and high amounts of activity during the busy, hectic holiday season can change a pet's normal routine and increase their stress level. For an animal that is used to following a certain routine, the holidays can become a very stressful time. Unfortunately for homeowners, one of the first symptoms of a "stressed-out" pet often is having an accident indoors. With the countless stains and messes that come with holiday entertaining, the last thing pet owners want or need is a pet stain to clean up and the lingering odor that comes with it.---
The experts at Chem-Dry, the world's leading carpet and upholstery cleaning service and the trusted brand of pet owners, recommend the following steps for pet lovers to ensure a joyful and accident-free holiday season with their furry companions.
• Create a safe space for pets away from the crowd that includes toys, a bed and other familiar items like food and a water bowl to help decrease anxiety.
• Stick to a familiar schedule and limit the amount of changes pets are exposed to by taking walks and feeding them at the regular times.
• Pet-proof the home by keeping holiday decorations, electrical cords, food, alcoholic beverages, and holiday plants out of reach to avoid stressful trips to the vet.
"One of Chem-Dry's areas of specialty is in dealing with pet accidents in the home, which can be a huge issue and area of concern for pet owners trying to maintain a clean, healthy living space," said Dan Tarantin, CEO of Chem-Dry. "In addition to causing extra holiday messes and potential health risks, neglecting pet urine stains can result in needing to prematurely replace your carpeting and rugs, which can be very costly. Our revolutionary pet-safe products and services are specifically designed to blast the urine crystals out at the base of the carpet, leaving both the carpet and the home safer and healthier."
Although soap and water can help, urine deposited on carpet penetrates the ﬁbers and can contaminate both the backing of the carpet and the ﬂooring material below the carpet. Urine odors can permeate from the ﬂoor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip as well as from the framework of the house behind the walls. Left untreated, urine can emit an odor for up to five years. Aside from the irritating smell and appearance, it can also be harmful to health.
When accidents do occur, it is vital to act quickly to remove the stains. The experts at Chem-Dry recommend the following home remedies for removing pet urine and odor to preserve both carpets and home health.
• White vinegar. For fresh wet stains, start by blotting the area, rather than rubbing it. Next, combine half a cup of white vinegar with one and a half cups of warm water and mix thoroughly. Generously pour the mixture over the entire stain, let it soak for five to ten minutes, and then absorb the fluid with a towel until both the carpet and towel are completely dry.
• Baking soda. Once the white vinegar solution has dried, scatter an ample amount of baking soda over the area and use a scrub brush to knead the mixture into the carpet. Let it sit for 24 hours to dry, then vacuum the area thoroughly.
Although many off-the-shelf products mask the odor well, they often do not actually remove the source of the problem. Most products will disguise the smell for several hours or even days, but the fragrance typically weakens before the urine smell does. For improved results, you can contact the professionals at Chem-Dry to come into your home and provide their proprietary P.U.R.T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment) service to eliminate pet urine odors and stains right at the source.
For additional information on pet stain removal, visit Chem-Dry's blog at http://www.chemdry.com/services/professional-carpet-cleaning/pet-urine-odor-removal.
Founded in 1977, Chem-Dry is the world's leading carpet and upholstery cleaning service, with a network of over 3,500 units in 42 countries serving over 10,000 homes a day worldwide. Its green-certified solution and proprietary hot carbonating extraction cleaning process provide a deeper clean, allow surfaces to dry faster, and leave homes healthier. Chem-Dry has been ranked the number one carpet cleaning franchise by Entrepreneur magazine for 25 consecutive years and has been selected by Franchise Direct as one of the top 100 global franchises. For more information or to schedule a cleaning, visit http://www.chemdry.com or, for franchise opportunities, visit http://www.chemdryfranchise.com. Chem-Dry is owned by Harris Research, Inc., which is also the founder and owner of the fast-growing N-Hance Wood Renewal franchise.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Lauren Barbian: