CINCINNATI, OH, October 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Halloween can be a ghoulish good time, but the Cincinnati, OH injury attorneys at Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A. urge you to play it extra safe this year! If you open your house to trick-or-treaters, you could also open yourself up to liability. Be wary of dangerous conditions on your premise and be sure to provide adequate warnings and lighting to prevent injury. Trick-or-treaters need to be careful as well, and should always keep an eye out for danger afoot!
Here are some safety tips from our attorneys:
Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treaters
- Wear reflective tape or bring a flashlight to help drivers see you at night.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street.
- Be sure to walk on the sidewalks whenever possible.
- Wear well-fitting masks and costumes to avoid blocked vision, tripping, and falling.
- Be careful of walking to close to candles and jack-o-lanterns.
- Only go to houses with porch lights on.
- Travel in a group and always carry a cell phone.
- Don't assume that you have the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing you. Just because one car stops, does not mean that others will!
Safety Tips for Homeowners
- If you have jack-o-lanterns, use battery powered lights instead of candles.
- Wet leaves or snow should be swept from sidewalks and steps.
- Restrain your pets so they do not accidentally jump on or bite a trick-or-treater.
- Remove anything a child could trip over from your yard, such as: hoses, toys, bikes, and lawn decorations.
- Check your kids' candy when they get home. Discard any treats that aren't sealed or have torn packages.
- Avoid homemade treats.
- Avoid treats with choking hazards.
- Limit the amount of treats consumed in one sitting. Children tend to go overboard after getting a really big haul!
The Cincinnati, OH injury attorneys at Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A. wants everyone to have a safe and Happy Halloween!
If you are injured and need legal representation call the Cincinnati, OH injury attorneys at Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A. at 866-643-8793 or visit http://www.younginjurylaw.com/
The personal injury firm of Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A. was started in 1958 by current managing partner Gregory Young's grandfather and father. Since then, our lawyers have been dedicated to standing by victims of negligence, resolving thousands of personal injury claims, large and small, for people throughout Ohio and northern Kentucky. We will stand by you. Call 866-643-8793