Antique Money Buyers
NORCROSS, GA, January 10, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The price of gold is on the rise, but one piece of currency that can be extremely valuable in this department is the gold certificate. These certificates were first issued during the Civil War and were meant to be a placeholder for the owner. They reflected the value in gold that the owner had at that time, and the denominations came in dollar bills amounts ranging from $10 to $100,000. If you own a gold certificate, you should know that the value is likely going to be much higher than the original printed amount. The antique currency
professionals at Antique Money Buyers offer some insight into these historic valuables.
How to Determine the Type of Gold Certificate You Have
One important piece of advice to remember when selling your certificates is that old paper money value
varies significantly. Not all gold certificates are the same, and this is what Antique Money Buyers wants sellers to know. Many of these notes were printed from 1882 to 1933, and a large number bear a 1882 stamp, even though they may have actually been printed in the 20th century. This series of notes tend to be the most valuable; the signature combination that is present on the bill is what buyers use to determine the rarity. A quick way to tell whether you have a note that was printed after 1928 is to check its physical size. Gold certificates were resized at this time to match the standard dollar bill size that remains in effect today.
Details that Are Anything but Small
According to Manning Garrett, the owner of the collectible paper money
buying business, "sellers should pay close attention to the intricate details of their certificates, such as the signature combinations and serial numbers. We assess the value based on these criteria." Antique Money Buyers has been assessing old paper money values
and then buying it for many years, and they offer a quick process for sellers, as well as competitive rates.
To learn more about how you can sell your gold certificates, please visit http://antiquemoney.com/
About Antique Money Buyers:
Antique Money Buyers operates the premier online marketplace for collectible paper money. Antiquemoney.com was founded by rare currency collectors who have a passion for the history of currency. Our team aggressively purchases old money to fill personal interests as well as requests from clients around the world. We buy a wide range of forms of old money.
To learn more, visit http://antiquemoney.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring