NORCROSS, GA, January 15, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Although most people are generally aware of how Ultraviolet (UV) rays can be damaging to the skin, designer eyewear
retailer Eyeglass World reminds us that it is equally important to understand the dangers UV rays present to the eyes. UV radiation is a year round issue, and wearing sunglasses is essential to protecting your vision.
UV rays can inflict a variety of vision problems, including cataracts (a clouding of the eye's natural lens), macular degeneration (a degeneration of a part of the retina), pingueculae and pterygia (growths on the eyes), and photokeratitis (a "sunburn" of the cornea), which can lead to temporary loss of vision.
The best way to protect your vision from UV rays is to wear sunglasses
whenever you are outdoors in the sun, even if you are in your car. Although many people assume that this is only necessary in the summer, the truth is that it is important year round. The same goes for children as well. Much of a person's exposure to sun starts in childhood, so it is essential to get an early start on proper protection.
"There is a lot of awareness out there about the harmful effects of UV rays on the skin," explains Des Taylor, Senior Vice President of Merchandising for Eyeglass World. "We want to make sure that people also understand the damage these rays can cause to the eyes and how to protect their vision with the right eyewear
At Eyeglass World, you can find a wide selection of prescription sunglasses
with lenses specially developed to block UV rays. Furthermore, with a variety of designer frames available, you will not have to sacrifice fashion in order to protect your vision. In fact, many of the designer prescription sunglasses at Eyeglass World are some of the highest quality protection you can get.
To learn more about Eyeglass World's sunglasses and other discount designer eyewear, please visit http://www.eyeglassworld.com/
About Eyeglass World:
Featuring over 60 superstores across the country, Eyeglass World is one of the industry's leading eyewear chains. People love the huge eyewear selection, the prices and the service they find there. Each Eyeglass World location has a lab in-store which allows them to fill prescription eyeglasses in the same day in most cases.
For more information, visit http://www.eyeglassworld.com/
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring