MONROVIA, CA, December 13, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Dr. Deshaies is Professor and Executive Officer of Biology at the California Institute of Technology and an Investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. His career has focused on investigating the cellular machinery that mediates protein degradation by the Ubiquitin-Proteasome System (UPS), and how this machinery regulates cell division. Dr. Deshaies is a leading figure in the Ubiquitin field, has published over 100 papers and is an inventor on nine U.S. patents, many related to his work on the UPS. For information on his work, visit http://www.its.caltech.edu/~rjdlab/. Dr. Deshaies has received numerous awards and scholarships, including the Markey and Searle Scholar Awards and Burroughs-Wellcome and Beckman New Investigator Award; in 1999 he was selected as Young Investigator of the Year by the American Society for Cell Biology and in 2011 was elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. In addition to being a co-founder of Cleave Biosciences, Dr. Deshaies was the academic co-founder of Proteolix, which was sold in October 2009 to Onyx in a deal valued at up to $851 million.
The 3rd Ubiquitin Research and Drug Discovery Conference will bring together a 50-50 mix of academic and industry experts from leading affiliations (such as Elan, Millenium, Genentech, Celgene, Novartis, Onyx, Amgen, Cal-Tech, Emory University, Harvard, University of Washington, UCLA, etc.) to cover many current and relevant aspects of the Ubiquitin Proteasome Sturcture, Ligases, Sumo and more.
This conference is also part of the 2nd Novel Cancer Therapeutic Summit, which consists of this track and two others:
4th Cancer Targets and Therapeutics
2nd Oncology Partnering and Deal Making
For more information, please visit http://www.gtcbio.com
GTCbio organizes conferences specifically for the biomedical and biopharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to facilitate the exchange of biopharmaceutical and biomedical intelligence between industry leaders, academic and government organizations, and the financial community.
GTCbio is a subsidiary of Global Technology Community, LLC, a privately held company founded in 2002.
Contact: GTCBIO (626) 256-6405, (626) 256-6460 fax, firstname.lastname@example.org---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Rania Hafez:
- Gregory Bonfiglio, Proteus Ventures to Speak at Stem Cell Summit 2013 - Apr 29-30, Boston
- Klaus Stohr, VP at Novartis, to Give a Keynote Speech at GTC's Influenza Meeting, July 8-10, Boston
- Kathrin Jansen SVP at Pfizer to Give a Keynote Speech at GTC's Vaccines Meeting, July 8-10, Boston
- Tiina Palomaki of EMA to Present at Stem Cell Summit 2013 (April 29-30, 2013 in Boston)
- Riccardo Perfetti to Give A Keynote Presentation at Diabetes Summit 2013 organized by GTC company (April 29-30 in Boston, MA)
- Prof. Ian Phillips to Speak at Orphan Drugs Research & Commercialization Conference May 8-10, Boston
- Michael Scott to Speak at GTC's Orphan Drugs Research & Commercialization Conference May 8-10, 2013
- Mike Pellini of Foundation Medicine to Present at 6th Oncology Biomarkers, Mar. 20-22, San Francisco
- Dr. Aaron Ciechanover to Speak at Ubiquitin Research Conference Feb 25-26, 2013 in Las Vegas, NV
- Nicholas Dracopoli, VP at Janssen to Keynote at GTC's Biomarker Summit, San Francisco, March 20-22