CAMBRIDGE, MA, March 01, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Elona Baum from California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, will give a presentation on, "Doom to Boom?" at the Stem Cell Summit 2014 to be held on April 23-25, 2014 in Cambridge, MA.
This presentation will discuss the 2014 funding environment generally as well as the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine's (CIRM's) funding programs for regenerative medicine. CIRM was created by a $3 billion California voter approved initiative which has resulted in the transformation and acceleration of the regenerative medicine field.
Elona Baum is the General Counsel and VP of Business Development for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM). She is a member of CIRM's executive team and is responsible for the agency's legal functions and strategic initiatives which include building industry alliances, structuring CIRM's co-funding initiatives and FDA engagement. From 1996 to 2009, Ms. Baum held the positions of Associate General Counsel, and Director of Regulatory Policy and Strategy at Genentech, Inc. She also served as the Secretary to the Board of Directors of Genentech Espana.
The Stem Cell Summit 2014 includes two conferences including joint sessions. This summit provides cutting-edge information on developments in all areas of stem cell research including the biology, medicine, applications, regulations, and commercialization of stem cells.
Conference A: Stem Cell Research & Regenerative Medicine:
Advances in Adult & Pluripotent Stem Cells
New Paradigms in Cell Therapy
Cells for Drug Discovery & Diagnostics
Conference B: Stem Cell Commercialization & Partnering:
Novel Technologies in Stem Cell Research
Overcoming Challenges in Clinical Development
Commercialization: Bringing Therapeutics to Market
Panel Discussion: Strategic Partnering
Regulatory Guidance & Updates
For more information, please visit http://www.gtcbio.com
GTC organizes conferences specifically for the biomedical and biopharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to facilitate the exchange of biopharmaceutical and biomedical intelligence between industry leaders, academic institutions, government organizations and the financial community.
GTC (Global Technology Community), LLC, is a privately held company founded in 2002.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kristen Starkey:
- Tomi Sawyer at Merck, to Keynote Present at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Robert McCormack to Present at Biomarker Meeting on Oct. 9-10 in Dublin, Ireland
- Sarah Nietzer to Speak at Imaging Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Lars Hammarström to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- Jianxin Zhang, Sanofi Pasteur, to Speak at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Vasilis Ntziachristos to Speak at Imaging Conf., Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Martin Hallbeck to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conf.erence, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- James Errey, Of Heptares To Talk At Protein Expression Meeting, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Stephen Anderson, of Sanofi R & D to Speak at Antibody & Protein Mtg, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Philip Dormitzer, Novartis to Speak at Vaccines Meeting, July 9, 2014, in Boston