NORCROSS, GA, February 12, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Designer Diane von Furstenberg showed off Google Glasses at New York's Fashion Week, but America's Best warns that people should not be looking for the high tech eyewear
just yet. At their debut in June, Google co-founder, Sergey Brin, said they are still working out the details in these ultimate designer glasses
The plan behind the project, called Project Glass, is to combine eyeglasses and smartphones so that wearers can access information directly through their custom eyeglass frames. The glasses use a combination of global-positioning software and Google's search engine expertise to allow people to look and know.
The designer eyeglasses frames
are expected to cost about $1,500 a pair and will not be generally available until sometime in 2014. What is particularly interesting is that Google has already made it clear that these will be designer frames. The pairing of a high tech company and New York Fashion Week presents interesting questions about the planned marketing of these new glasses.
The premier edition of the glasses, called the Explorer Edition, does not include the full heads up display that Google intends to develop, based on its Project Glass demo video, but science fiction fans are sure to be excited about where Google is taking them in the future.
Another interesting aspect of the project is what it means for the future of eye doctors
and prescription glasses. The project has the potential to move glasses beyond simple sight correct and fashion into an entirely new realm of possibilities.
"We're very excited about the possibilities that are opened up with Google's new work," said Dr. Grace Kim, Chairperson for Clinical Advisory Panel for America's Best. 'No one knows exactly where this will lead, but it's nice to see technology embracing eyewear."
For more information about designer eyewear, please visit http://www.twopair.com/
About America's Best:
With more than 300 locations nationwide, America's Best carries a wide selection of designer eyeglasses and contact lenses in their stores and offers eye exams. With the volume of eyeglasses they produce, America's Best is able to provide their customers with some of the most popular brand-named designer frames for among the lowest prices in the country.
To learn more, please visit http://www.twopair.com/
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Allie Petit:
- Atlanta Workers' Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Share What Steps to Take if Injured at Work
- Atlanta Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Cummings & Middlebrooks, Discuss Handling Denied Claims
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark & Washington, Mention the 5,640 Foreclosures in March
- Atlanta Bankruptcy Experts, Clark & Washington, Discuss the 2,172 Bankruptcies in January
- Currency Dealer, Antique Money, Now Buys Rare Treasury Notes
- Antique Money Reminds Customers of Ease in Getting an Appraisal and Offer for Your Old Money
- Antique Money Offers Old Money Value Guides on Website
- Hospital Linen Services, Angelica Corporation, Suggest New Linens for the New Year
- Healthcare Linens Supplier Angelica Corporation Has a New Careers Portal on Its Website
- Atlanta Painters, The Painting Company, Can Give Your Deck a New Look This Spring