APEX, NC, February 09, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Laura A. Schoppe, president of Fuentek, LLC (http://www.fuentek.com/), a local consulting firm that provides intellectual property (IP) and technology transfer services, has announced that Danielle McCulloch, a senior technology transfer consultant, will speak on a panel titled, "Social Media Unplugged: Is it Worth the Hype?" on Friday, March 1 at the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM ) 2013 Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas. The panel will discuss how technology transfer offices are using the leading social media platforms and tools in their overall marketing strategy, and the practices best used specifically to market technology and innovations. Panelists also will review the findings of a survey on this topic. Technology transfer professionals are invited to complete the survey by visiting: http://fuenteksocialmedia2013.questionpro.com.
Joining McCulloch on the panel are Montserrat Capdevila from Johns Hopkins University and Dr. Melissa Maderia from the National Cancer Institute. The University of Virginia's Morgan Estabrook will serve as moderator.
McCulloch is a frequent presenter on using social media for technology transfer, from sessions at the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer (FLC) to international webinars. As a senior consultant, she manages Fuentek projects for several major research universities and government labs. She also has a wide range of technical and business experience, which she leverages to help clients develop strategic win-win partnerships that move innovative new technologies into the marketplace.
"Danielle's extensive experience allows her to speak to the advantages of using social media in tech transfer as well as the challenges in using it effectively and efficiently," said Schoppe. "I am pleased that she was invited to share these insights with attendees of the AUTM annual meeting."
- Danielle McCulloch earned her MBA at Dartmouth College, and she holds a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Washington University.
- Fuentek is at the forefront of social media strategies for technology transfer and has published extensively on the topic. To read these publications, visit http://bit.ly/fsdSua.
- AUTM serves a global network of more than 3,200 technology transfer professionals in the academic, research, government and private sectors. To join AUTM, visit http://www.autm.net/join.
- The AUTM 2013 Annual Meeting is a four-day educational and networking event for technology transfer professionals and newcomers to the field. It will be held at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas, from Feb. 27-March 2. For registration information, visit http://www.autm.net/Meeting_Home2.htm.
- Fuentek will have booth no. 412 at the AUTM Annual Meeting.
NEW MEDIA CONTENT:
Fuentek Twitter Page:
Fuentek LinkedIn Page:
AUTM Twitter Page:
For updates about the AUTM 2013 Annual Meeting, follow @AUTM_Network and the hashtag #AUTM2013.
ABOUT FUENTEK, LLC:
Fuentek, LLC is a consulting firm that provides intellectual property (IP) and technology transfer services to a wide variety of university, government and corporate clients. Drawing upon its unique combination of technical, business and commercialization expertise, Fuentek identifies clients' promising technologies and assists them in converting their ideas and inventions into marketable products. Fuentek also has helped organizations around the world find the technology they need through licensing as well as collaborative research and development (R&D) partnerships. Led by President Laura A. Schoppe, Fuentek offers training workshops, webinars, white papers, and a comprehensive blog to help clients and other tech transfer professionals improve effectiveness in managing their IP while functioning as proactive and strategic technology transfer offices (TTOs). Recognized as an industry leader and a top woman- and minority-owned small business in North Carolina, the firm has received numerous awards for its work. Fuentek also has been featured on National Public Radio and in the book The New Small: How a New Breed of Small Businesses is Harnessing the Power of Emerging Technologies. For more information, please visit Fuentek's website at http://www.fuentek.com or call (919) 249-0327.
MMI Public Relations
# # #Read more Press Releases from Patty Briguglio: