YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, January 10, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Our most exciting location to be added is Bolling Hall! Which was first held by Ilbert De Laci and then by 1316 passed to William Bolling. Over many centuries Bolling Hall passed through several families including Tempest, Lindley and Wood. During the Civil War the household supported the Royalist cause, and the house provided a stronghold during the 'siege of Bradford' It was presented to the City of Bradford in 1912 after falling into disrepair. Now being currently used as a museum. Parts of the building date as far back as the Medieval times, Bolling Hall is a rambling mixture of styles with every nook and cranny packed with history.
Some on the activity reported here are a baby has been heard crying all around the hall and ladies' voices are heard. In the Blue Room people have experienced the feelings as if you are being watched, and a man with long coats tails has been seen by the fireplace in here. He is well known to be happy to communicate with ghost hunters.
In fact in 1643 the first ghost was sighted at Bolling Hall, beleived to be the first ghost sighting ever recorded. The head of the Royalist army, the Earl of Newcastle felt his bed clothes being pulled away from him and saw an apparition of a lady wringing her hands and saying 'pity poor Bradford'. As a result he changed his orders from his troops to kill all in Bradford to only kill those who offered armed resistance. As a result only 10 people were recorded as being killed in the siege.
In the 1900s a Mr J.M. Tankard lived at the hall one of the maids was meeting her fiance in the east part of the grounds when they saw a group of Parliamentarian officers approaching them who suddenly disappeared. Back in the 1940's the head attendant reported seeing a lady in period dress floating 3ft off the ground in the entrance and gliding over to the fireplace and disappearing into it.
Plus much more activity and ghost sighting have been recorder along with Poltergeist activity too.
Simply Ghost Nights offers a unique event package, a ghost hunting event whether it's for a corporate function, or for individuals. Simply Ghost Nights is at the fore front of providing a wealth of experience and all the latest ghost hunting equipment for their ghost hunters to use.
Join us if you dare!---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Stuart Dawson:
- Ghost Hunting & Paranormal Ghost Hunts At Nottingham Galleries Of Justice, With Simply Ghost Nights, 7th June 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts Event At The Niddry Street Vaults, Edinburgh With Simply Ghost Nights, 1st June 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts at Smithills Hall, Bolton, Manchester, Lancashire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 4th May 2013
- Ghost Hunting At Woodchester Mansion, With Simply Ghost Nights, 27th April 2013
- Ghost Hunting At St Briavels Castle, Gloucestershire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 26th April 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts At Jedburgh Castle Jail, Scotland, With Simply Ghost Nights, 6th April 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts At Sheffield, At The Sheffield Town Hall, South Yorkshire With Simply Ghost Nights, 16th February 2013
- Ghost Hunt At Warmsworth Hall, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 25th January 2013
- Ghost Hunting In Ripon At The Prison & Police Museum, North Yorkshire, With Simply Ghost Nights & Chris Conway, 24 November 2012
- Ghost Hunting At Leeds Old Dispensary, West Yorkshire With Simply Ghost Nights, 3rd November 2012