YORKSHIRE, ENGLAND, March 14, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- On the 6th April 2013 we will be ghost hunting at Jedburgh Castle Jail with it's eerie and murky past make Jedburgh Castle Jail a fantastic place for a ghost hunts and it has certainly a chequered past to say the least, the original building is said to be that of a Friary in or around the 9th century, and later on the land was used to build the on complete with a Bailey and a defensive wall. The correct title was The Royal Castle of Jedburgh from the 13th Century until 1410 when it was destroyed to stop it falling into the hands of the hated English army.
This Victorian prison was built as a John Howard reform prison in 1823, this impressive building is the only existing example of its kind in Scotland. On the original site was .
The museum has an array of display of items relating to the prison life of the 19th Century and collections relating to the history of the Royal Burgh of Jedburgh. The prisoners' cell blocks tell the story of the Jail and its inmates, with individual cells looking as they would have done complete with model prisoners. The draconian conditions in the prison for both it's male and female tenants would have brought terror to even the hardened of felons, with harsh conditions the norm in this Victorian prison.
We were informed that the screams and cries of Jedburgh prisons former inmates can still be heard today, on a quiet night and also that the sight of a lone soldier is often seen wandering around the grounds, a local legend as it that the sound of a bagpipe playing is often heard from the empty castle as well. Light analomies have also been witnessed as well to the surprise of those who have seen them, and poltergeist activity is also reported with stones often been thrown.
Dare you join us and see what the spirit world that still resides at Jedburgh Jail and Castle will throw at us as we venture into the dark, dark, world that is Jedburgh Jail and Castle.
Simply Ghost Nights offers a unique event package, a ghost hunting event whether it's for a corporate function, or for individuals. Simply Ghost Nights is at the fore front of providing a wealth of experience and all the latest ghost hunting equipment for their ghost hunters to use.
Join us if you dare!---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Stuart Dawson:
- Ghost Hunting & Paranormal Ghost Hunts At Nottingham Galleries Of Justice, With Simply Ghost Nights, 7th June 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts Event At The Niddry Street Vaults, Edinburgh With Simply Ghost Nights, 1st June 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts at Smithills Hall, Bolton, Manchester, Lancashire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 4th May 2013
- Ghost Hunting At Woodchester Mansion, With Simply Ghost Nights, 27th April 2013
- Ghost Hunting At St Briavels Castle, Gloucestershire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 26th April 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts At Sheffield, At The Sheffield Town Hall, South Yorkshire With Simply Ghost Nights, 16th February 2013
- Ghost Hunting & Ghost Hunts At Bolling Hall, Bradford, With Simply Ghost Nights, 2nd February 2013
- Ghost Hunt At Warmsworth Hall, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, With Simply Ghost Nights, 25th January 2013
- Ghost Hunting In Ripon At The Prison & Police Museum, North Yorkshire, With Simply Ghost Nights & Chris Conway, 24 November 2012
- Ghost Hunting At Leeds Old Dispensary, West Yorkshire With Simply Ghost Nights, 3rd November 2012