GREENVILLE, SC, January 17, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet, and Old Country Buffet want to help you focus on the possibility of warmer weather with free food this Groundhog Day. On the morning of Sunday, February 2, when Punxsutawney Phil makes his annual weather prediction, be prepared for a tasty twist. If the groundhog does not see his shadow, guests will receive a coupon for a free breakfast (with the purchase of an adult breakfast). If the groundhog sees his shadow, then guests will enjoy a coupon for a free beverage during breakfast. The offers are good only on February 2, 2014 during breakfast hours. Coupons will be available online, via e-mail or text message, and are required for redemption. ---
"Groundhog Day is a great opportunity for us to celebrate a fun holiday with our guests," said Alice Crowder, Vice President of Marketing for Ovation Brands. "We strive to offer memorable experiences for families when they visit, and this aligns perfectly with our goals."
Everyone wins on Groundhog Day
Punxsutawney Phil is scheduled to make his prediction at approximately 7:20 a.m. on February 2. Visit the official Facebook pages for Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet, or Old Country Buffet after that time to check the predication and download a Groundhog Day coupon featuring the designated offer. A deal is guaranteed for either prediction. Limit one coupon per guest. Check your local restaurant for participation details.
Save time on checking the prediction, and have the free offer sent directly to your inbox. Join Crave Connection℠, a free membership program that sends offers, discounts and promotions to your e-mail or phone via text message. All Crave Connection members will automatically receive the Groundhog Day offer on February 2.
The buffet restaurants offer a wide selection of home style breakfast favorites during the weekends including a made-to-order omelet station, an assortment of freshly baked pastries, pancakes and waffles with a variety of toppings, bacon, carved meats, hash browns and more. Menu offerings vary by location.
According to folklore, if the groundhog emerges from his burrow on February 2 and sees his shadow, then there will be six more weeks of winter. If he doesn't see his shadow, then spring will arrive early. The first documented American reference for Groundhog Day dates back to 1841. Today, one of the largest Groundhog Day celebrations is held in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.
For more information about Groundhog Day or to join Crave Connection, visit http://www.Ryans.com, http://www.HomeTownBuffet.com, or http://www.OldCountryBuffet.com.
About Ovation Brands
Ovation Brands currently operates 340 restaurants in 35 states, comprised of 331 steak-buffet restaurants and nine Tahoe Joe's Famous Steakhouse restaurants. The restaurants are principally operated under the Old Country Buffet , HomeTown Buffet and Ryan's brands. Ovation employs approximately 18,000 team members and serves approximately 100 million customers annually. Corporate headquarters are based in Greer, SC with a Corporate Support Center located in Eagan, MN. For more information, visit http://www.OvationBrands.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kim Miller:
- Ryan's HomeTown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Celebrate Easter All Weekend And Delight Every Bunny
- Get A Clue: Ryan's , Hometown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Celebrate The Relaunch Of Nancy Drew And The Hardy Boys
- Ryan's, Hometown Buffet And Old Country Buffet Serve Dinner Sunny Side Up With Breakfast Favorites On Thursday Nights
- Dine At Ryan's , HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet and Get Lucky With a Special Offer On St. Patrick's Day, March 17
- Dinosaurs Come To Life This March at Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet & Old Country Buffet
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet, and Old Country Buffet Offer More Tasty Ways To Start Your Day With a Good Breakfast
- Valentine's Day Is Twice As Sweet At Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet And Old Country Buffet With Special Holiday Offer February 14-16
- Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Partner with Herotopia to Offer Action-Packed Fun for Kids During February
- HomeTown Buffet, Old Country Buffet and Ryan's Put Top Performing Managers in the Driver's Seat
- Flap Your Wings for National Chicken Lovers' Day: Ryan's, HomeTown Buffet and Old Country Buffet Host Online Chicken Dance Contest