ATLANTA, GA, December 17, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- A healthy diet is reflected not only by our bodies, but by our hair. Atlanta-based online hair extensions
retailer Sunny's Hair & Wigs, which has an extensive array of human hair extensions, emphasizes that while hair extensions can provide longer, fuller, hair, and help women change their look whenever they choose, it is essential to start with a healthy head of hair.
Diet Musts for Healthy Hair
A diet rich in protein, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients is crucial to keeping hair as well as nails healthy. Healthy hair grows out of every follicle. It should be strong, shiny, and bouncy. Because hair is made primarily from protein, a diet rich in protein is important for healthy hair growth. Each hair should go through its normal growth cycle, and not break off prematurely.
If you haven't been eating healthy, it will take three to six months before you see a difference in your hair when you improve your diet, but you will see it. Zinc, protein, biotin, and essential fatty acids are the key nutrients that provide both body and scalp with what it needs to grow healthy hair.
Foods for a Healthy Head of Hair
- Nuts and seeds: Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a mineral that makes scalps healthy. Walnuts, almonds, cashews, and pecans are filled with zinc, which keeps hair from falling out, and omega-3 fatty acids, which help regenerate hair. Flaxseed, particularly when it is ground, provides omega-3 essential fatty acids. Pumpkin, sesame, and chia seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and they too are sources of protein.
- Whole grains: Whole brown rice and quinoa are a good source of protein and healthy carbohydrates. They also contain zinc, iron, and B vitamins that spur hair growth. People who are watching their weight tend to stay away from grains. However, many grains contain healthy nutrients.
- Vegetables - Orange vegetables like carrots are particularly good for hair. Carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, which helps the scalp form sebum, or oil. Sebum is essential for keeping hair moisturized. Dark greens, including turnip greens, spinach, and broccoli, have iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C, which are important to scalp health and help it produce sebum, an oil secreted by the hair follicles. Vitamin C is also necessary for the absorption of zinc.
- Beans, legumes, and lentils - These are all sources of protein, which is essential for healthy hair. Canned baked beans are good sources of zinc, as are chickpeas and soybeans. They are also high in protein.
- Fruits - Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6 and healthy carbohydrates to fuel hair growth. A deficiency in this B vitamin results in thinning hair. B6 aids in the absorption of nutrients and the production of red blood cells needed to nurture hair follicles. Raspberries and strawberries contain some biotin and are the main fruits for healthy hair. Avocados (yes, it's a fruit) are rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin B5, which helps prevent graying.
Dafina Smith, CEO of Sunny's Hair & Wigs, says, "We are proud to offer our customers some of the best-quality Indian hair extensions
, including Indi Remi and Bohyme hair extensions
. However, these, like all hair extensions, look best and last longer on a healthy head of hair. Hair extensions should augment healthy hair--not be used as a replacement for hair that is dry, brittle, and falling out. That's why we want our customers to understand the relationship between diet and hair."
To see Sunny's selection of sewn-in, strand-by-strand, and clip-in hair extensions, visit their site at http://www.sunnyshair.com
.About Sunny's Hair & Wigs:
Sunny's Hair & Wigs is committed to changing the way you think about hair extensions and therefore, the way you think about yourself. With endless opportunities for changing up your look, you can be assured you will always look and feel your best. They operate a comprehensive online store, as well as retail locations around the country, making it easy on our customers to find exactly what they need.
Learn more at http://www.sunnyshair.com