NEW ORLEANS, LA, February 11, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- How do sustainability practices yield bottom-line results for the maritime industry and tremendous overall benefits to communities?
To address this topic, WorkBoat.com has scheduled a February 27 webinar, with Harley Franco, CEO, Harley Marine, who will discuss "Why It Pays to Be Green in the Maritime Industry." The webinar is scheduled for 1 p.m. (Eastern). (EDITOR's NOTE: This webinar was rescheduled from February 20, 2013).
The cost to attend the webinar is $39. To register, visit www.WorkBoat.com
"Harley Marine earned distinction again this year by winning the 2012 WorkBoat Environmental Award for the top Comprehensive Environmental Management Plan," said WorkBoat magazine's Technical Editor Bruce Buls, who will moderate the webinar.
Buls noted that Harley won the award because of its overall corporate commitment to sustainability. "Harley is an ISO 14001 Certified Company," Buls said. "This certification helps a company improve resource efficiency, reduce waste and drive down costs. Using ISO 14001, a company can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders that environmental impact is being measured and improved."
Through its environmental program, Harley has reduced paper consumption by 37%, its air quality initiative will prevent 400 tons of NOx and 13 tons of particulate matter from entering the atmosphere annually and its practices have prevented 2,880 tons of Volatile Organic Compounds from being emitted.
Harley also won a WorkBoat Environmental Award in 2010 for top Environmental Initiative.
"Harley's innovative environmental management practices have also produced bottom-line results," Buls said. "During the webinar, we'll discuss ideas that will directly help maritime companies save money."
Harley Franco is the Founder, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President of Harley Marine. Founded in early 1987 in Seattle, Harley provides quality marine services in every major West Coast port, New York and the American Gulf.
Harley Marine Services utilizes its deck barges and tugs to provide coastwise and harbor tows for general cargo, containers, equipment, gravel, sand, and cement. Local tugs are also capable of performing emergency and rescue tows to vessels. Harley also provides 24 hour ship assist and tanker escort services to shipping lines that call into U.S. ports. Finally, Harley transports and stores petroleum products for all major oil companies.
The popular WorkBoat.com webinar series allows the marine industry to stay on top of what's going on in the industry and what's in store for the future -- from business management to marine industry specific topics.
Individuals can purchase the WorkBoat Professional Series Online Pass for $159 and receive 12 months of webinars for one low price, as well as access to every webinar that has been offered on WorkBoat as an on-demand webinar.
The ProPass can be used for individuals as well as groups (webinar participation must be from one location). This allows a company to educate an entire team.About the WorkBoat Professional Series
The webinar is presented as a part of the WorkBoat Professional Series and is designed to keep the commercial marine business community informed and on top of what's going on in the industry today and what's in store for the future.
WorkBoat.com is the largest commercial marine member-supported website, with over 30,000 members. Each registrant for the webinar receives a free membership in WorkBoat.com.
For more information visit www.WorkBoat.com
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Lisa Keller:
- Nominations Now Being Accepted for Sixth Annual WorkBoat Environmental Awards Which Recognize the Maritime Industry's Environmental Stewardship
- "3D Laser Scanning for the Boatbuilding Industry" Topic of Free May 29 WorkBoat.com Webinar, Sponsored by SPAR Point Group
- "Outlook for the 2013 OSV Market and Beyond" Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on May 15 with editor David Krapf and G. Allen Brooks, PPHB
- "Crew Staffing Challenges for Offshore Support Vessels in Territorial & Outer Continental Shelf Waters" Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar with Fragomen Attorneys & Immigration Experts
- "Contaminated River and Harbor Sediments--Problems, Potential and Profits" Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on March 27
- Contingency Planning for Business Continuity in the Marine Industry Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on January 30; Kathleen Gleaves, Gleaves Consulting, Will be the Featured Speaker
- WorkBoat.com Webinar on December 19 Focuses on "What Does the Future of the Marine Fuel Industry Hold?" Anthony Odak, John W. Stone Oil Distributor, will be Featured Speaker
- "Vessel Life Cycle Management: An Integrative Approach to Save Time and Money" is Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on November 28
- Business Succession and Transition Toward a Zero Estate Tax and Controlling Equity is Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on October 31 with James Kirlin, Private Capital Solutions
- How to Navigate Maritime Energy Efficiency Mandates is Topic of WorkBoat.com Webinar on September 18; Donald MacPherson, HydroComp Inc., will be Featured Speaker