SAN DIEGO, CA, March 20, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The list of companies that stand out in the minds of IT professionals for network-related innovation in 2013 includes:
• Cisco captured six innovation awards in Ethernet Switches, Network Operating System, Low-Latency Ethernet Switches, Firewalls, Fibre Channel Network Monitoring and WLAN Controllers.
• VMware, the server virtualization pioneer, was selected as innovation leader for Network Virtualization and Software Defined Networking (Google and Cisco tied for second in the SDN category).
• Amazon Web Services was chosen as the innovation leader for Cloud Storage Gateways.
• Broadcom demonstrated that brand counts in some semiconductor categories by winning the LAN-on-Motherboard category for the third straight year.
• SolarWinds, the company that best leverages its website to develop business, was voted innovation leader for Ethernet Network Monitoring.
"The February and March 2013 brand leader survey results reflect how cloud computing is changing perceptions of leadership in the IT community," said Frank Berry, CEO and Analyst with IT Brand Pulse. "VMware and Google ranked at or near the top as network virtualization leaders, while Amazon Web Services was voted a leader in an important storage category."
IT Brand Pulse Leader surveys are designed to measure the pulse of brand leadership in specific product categories. IT professionals respond to one survey covering various products. Within each product category, respondents choose the overall market leader, as well as the leader in price, performance, reliability, service and support, and innovation.
IT Brand Pulse is a trusted source of data and analysis about IT infrastructure, including servers, storage and networking.
• IT Brand Pulse Labs - Test reports and product validation from hands-on testing.
• End User, Channel and OEM Research - Brand Leader, Technology, Product, and Customer Satisfaction surveys, as well as focus groups and custom research.
• Product Databases - Quarterly report for selected product categories with a database of commercially-available products and their attributes.
• Market Shares and Forecasts - Quarterly reports with unit shipments, revenue, vendor market share, and forecast.
• Industry Analysis - IT Brand Pulse analysts publish reports and contribute weekly to leading industry publications including InfoStor, Network Computing, Seeking Alpha, Virtual Strategy Magazine and Zacks.com.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Cheryl Parker: