CAMBRIDGE, MA, March 30, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Paul W. Bohn, Arthur J Schmitt Professor of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame, to give a presentation titled "Tight Coupling of Chemical Sensing and Reactivity in Nanofluidic Architectures" at the Inaugural Bioanalytical Sensors Conference, May 22 & 23, 2014 in Cambridge, MA.
Paul Bohn received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He subsequently joined the faculty at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he served in numerous roles, including Head of the Chemistry Department, Director of the School of Chemical Sciences, and the Interim Vice Chancellor for Research. In 2006, he became the Arthur J. Schmitt Professor of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering and Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Notre Dame and serves as the Director of the Advanced Diagnostics and Therapeutics Initiative, which fosters research creating tools to combat disease, promote health, and safeguard the environment.
Dr. Bohn has over 225 publications in the fields of analytical chemistry, materials science, and chemical engineering; has served as Editor for the Americas (2007-2009) and Chair of the Editoral Board (2010-2013) for Analyst; and sits on numerous editorial and scientific boards. In addition to being a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1998) and the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK, 2008), he has received several awards including the ACS Award in Spectrochemical Analysis (1997), the Bomem-Michelson Award from the Coblentz Society (2005), and the Theophilus Redwood Award of the Royal Society of Chemistry (2010). His research interests include integrated microfluidic and nanofluidic chemical measurement strategies for personal monitoring, chemical and biochemical sensing in mass-limited samples, and molecular approaches to nanotechnology.
For more information, please visit http://www.gtcbio.com/biosensors/agenda
GTC organizes conferences specifically for the biomedical and biopharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to facilitate the exchange of biopharmaceutical and biomedical intelligence between industry leaders, academic institutions, government organizations and the financial community.
GTC (Global Technology Community), LLC, is a privately held company founded in 2002.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kristen Starkey:
- Tomi Sawyer at Merck, to Keynote Present at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Robert McCormack to Present at Biomarker Meeting on Oct. 9-10 in Dublin, Ireland
- Sarah Nietzer to Speak at Imaging Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Lars Hammarström to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- Jianxin Zhang, Sanofi Pasteur, to Speak at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Vasilis Ntziachristos to Speak at Imaging Conf., Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Martin Hallbeck to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conf.erence, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- James Errey, Of Heptares To Talk At Protein Expression Meeting, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Stephen Anderson, of Sanofi R & D to Speak at Antibody & Protein Mtg, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Philip Dormitzer, Novartis to Speak at Vaccines Meeting, July 9, 2014, in Boston