Kaplan Higher Education CampusesKaplan Certified Professional
CHICAGO, IL, February 27, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Employers in today's challenging market are indicating that while a post-secondary diploma or degree helps validate technical skills, equally important for employment is workplace readiness or "soft" skills, such as networking, enthusiasm and communication. With nearly 50 career-focused educational institutions, Kaplan Higher Education Campuses
is launching a Kaplan Certified Professional program to help its students illustrate they are ready to work and have made an additional effort to gain the well-rounded skills potential employers seek. It begins today for new degree students and launched on January 15, 2013, for new diploma students.
"This program is intended to assist our students prepare academically to succeed and
be able to effectively communicate and interact in a workplace setting," said Anthony Wietek, Kaplan Higher Education Campuses' executive director of career services. "Potential employers who meet with Kaplan Certified Professional graduates will find a motivated individual who took additional steps to make themselves more marketable."
The KCP program focuses on seven professional characteristics students may have had limited exposure to in a work environment. Throughout their course of study, students will participate in in-class and out-of-class activities focused on gaining proficiency in key areas, including:
Building Your Network
- Even for the seasoned professional, networking can be difficult. KCPs will leave the campus armed with the ability to identify opportunities and a contact list to help them on their path to career success.
Dress for Success
- A first impression makes a lasting impression and appearances matter. A KCP will dress appropriately and understand that company and personal guidelines can be very different.
- With KHEC's hands-on training, students learn to walk the walk in their field, but as KCPs, they also will know how to talk the talk. They will be able to quickly and articulately tell you who they are and what they can do, knowing that clear communication is key to interacting with colleagues.
- Resumes tell a story and KCPs will receive direction on how to properly sell themselves, which can further translate to appropriate use of language and accurate sharing of information.
- KCPs will further prove their willingness to work and take on responsibility by arriving at interviews prepared to illustrate their skills with a portfolio highlighting achievements and field experience.
Preparing for the Interview
- When job hunting, the interview sets the stage for proving one's talent and responsibility, as well as their soft skills. KCPs will be prepared to display responsible behaviors by demonstrating punctuality, interpersonal skills and an understanding of the company and how their performance affects the organization.
Social Media Presence
- A poor online presence can negatively affect one's professional profile. KCPs will know that this is the first place others turn to find out who they are and understand the importance of posting responsibly. They also will take advantage of LinkedIn to network, connect with, and gain insight from other professionals in their field.
The program, in combination with KHEC's classroom learning and hands-on training, will enable students to further set themselves apart as they look to enter the workforce or upskill in their current profession. Upon successfully mastering all seven attributes, each student will be recognized as a Kaplan Certified Professional and better prepared for employability with both their technical field knowledge and work readiness skills.About Kaplan Higher Education Campuses
Kaplan Higher Education Campuses provides career-focused education to more than 21,000 students and helps prepare them to enter the workforce in some of the fastest-growing industries. Its 49 locations in 15 states offer certificates, diplomas and degrees in allied health, business, criminal justice, information technology, legal, nursing and other in-demand fields. KHEC includes Kaplan College, Kaplan Career Institute, Bauder College, TESST College of Technology and Texas School of Business campuses and is owned by Kaplan, Inc. Kaplan, Inc., a leading international provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses, is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO) and its largest division. For more information, visit www.kaplan.edu
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Andrea Roebker: