ATLANTA, GA, October 28, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- If you have excess fatty tissue that seems impervious to diet and exercise, liposuction
may be just what you have been looking for. The most popular body sculpting surgery available today, liposuction is capable of removing stubborn deposits of fat from areas of the body including:
Working with an experienced, board-certified* plastic surgeon, almost any area of your body can be treated with liposuction, producing a slim, toned physique you can be proud to show the world.
To be a candidate for liposuction, you should be:
- Close to your ideal weight - liposuction can be used to remove up to ten pounds of fat from targeted areas of your body, but cannot safely be used as a tool for weight loss
- In generally good health - certain medical conditions including pregnancy will interfere with your liposuction candidacy
- Willing to adopt a healthy lifestyle - once removed, fat cannot come back, but new fat can accumulate if you're not careful
- Prepared for a surgical procedure and recovery period - liposuction requires incisions and other surgical steps and recovery can take upwards of six weeks
- Prepared to listen closely to your plastic surgeon's advice - failure to listen to your plastic surgeon can result in serious risks and complications
Before liposuction, you should be aware of all risks. While rare, liposuction can come with serious complications, including nerve damage and blood clots. Your plastic surgeon will discuss these with you during your initial consultation.
You also need to have realistic expectations. Liposuction can help tone and firm your body. Alone, it cannot make your body strong and sculpted. Liposuction is a springboard, not an end. To make your liposuction procedure worthwhile, you need to be willing to change the behaviors that led to weight gain in the first place. Methods to keep weight off can be discussed with you by your plastic surgeon.
If you live in or around Atlanta, Georgia and would like to learn more about liposuction, please visit the website of Marietta Plastic Surgery for additional information.
* = Dr. Keith Hanna, Dr. Thaddeus Fabian, Dr. Keith West and Dr. Michael J. McNeel are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sara Goldstein: