BROCKTON, MA, January 30, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Six local moms have been selected as featured bloggers for the Signature Moms Blog, http://www.signaturemoms.com, sponsored by Signature Healthcare. The mommy bloggers were identified through a contest sponsored by the hospital where moms were encouraged to visit Signature Healthcare's Facebook page and post a written narrative explaining why they would be a great blogger.
The six new mommy bloggers will join current Signature Moms bloggers Tanya Pimental, Sheila Gaudet, Martianne Stanger, and Kristen Clifford. Meet the winning new mommy bloggers below:
• Janice Johnson-Plumer - Brockton - An avid runner, Janice is a 40-something mom with one son and is active in the Brockton community serving as a community advisory board member and on the PTA.
• Sandy Churchill - West Bridgewater - A mom to two girls and a boy ages 20, 17 and 7, she loves to connect with other women on the journey of "parenthood."
• Rachel Ventura - Stoughton - An experienced blogger, Rachel's life as a mom actually started at Brockton Hospital with the delivery of her 2-year-old girl followed by her 7-month-old son.
• Mary Morris - Braintree - A mom who loves to combine her experiences of raising her two children with passion for writing!
• Anne Marie Holloway - Norton - An avid blogger, Anne loves sharing the adventures she has with her four children.
• Heather Desmond O'Neill - Rockland - A thirty-something mom who has two boys under the age of 5 that keep her on her toes!
"Women today are actively seeking inspiration and new ideas on how to balance being a mother, wife, provider, child of older parents, professional, or some combination of these. We've seen that our Signature Moms Blog has served as the foundation of a vibrant online community in which women come together and share their experiences," said Vice President of Business Development for Signature Healthcare, Marie Gross. "We're excited to welcome these new mommy bloggers and their fresh perspectives to the Signature Moms blog."
Each mom will write one or two posts a month beginning in February. The topics will vary greatly, depending on the personalities of the bloggers and their range of daily experiences in the community. Some blog entries will come in the form of video posts. The bloggers will meet in person at 'blogger meet-ups' three times per year to share ideas and brainstorm upcoming topics. There will also be guest posts by medical experts representing Signature Healthcare providing valuable and timely healthcare information to readers.
The Signature Moms Blog has been very active for just over two years, with nearly 60,000 visitors checking out local, family-centered posts. The blog recently received several awards from leading healthcare organizations such as the New England Society for Healthcare Communications and the Healthcare Advertising Awards.
About Signature Healthcare
Signature Healthcare is a multi-specialty hospital and physician group comprised of Brockton Hospital and more than 150 physicians practicing in 11 ambulatory locations. We are the only not-for-profit community based healthcare delivery system in Southeastern MA providing the full range of high quality primary care, specialty care, hospital care and related ancillary services on a coordinated basis delivered at a low cost.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Ashley-Harrington Andrews: