LOS ANGELES, CA, March 22, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- March 25, is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day. CP is the most common childhood disability! The NAPA Center in Los Angeles offers treatment and hope to children and their families dealing with CP and other neurological disorders. The demand for their services has grown immensely in the past few years and necessitated a move earlier this month to accommodate more families with more space and additional therapy and treatment options.
In 2013 alone, families traveled from all over California, across the United States and internationally from Australia, Armenia, Singapore, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico and Malaysia for life changing therapies for their children.
The demand continues to increase, so the NAPA Center moved from an 11,000-square-foot warehouse to a 15,500- square-foot facility better suited to their needs, expanding from six private treatment rooms to 11 treatment rooms and from 15 parking spaces to 45 parking spaces. As of 2012, the NAPA Center employed six full-time therapists/aids and now has 18, which has increased their ability to serve from 200 children per week to upwards of 600 per week.
The new space offers the following:
• Multi-Sensory Room: with tactile exploration wall, wall-mounted calming LED light panel, multi-sensory glow in the dark ball pit and bubble tubes
• Neuro Gym - a vibrant 3,000-square-foot gym dedicated to neurological rehabilitation with top of the line equipment, therapies and therapists
• Sensory Gym - a 2,500-square-foot gym dedicated to sensory integration therapy with a variety of swings, soft climbing equipment to foster gross motor development and a rock climbing wall
• Outdoor Play/Therapy Area - to be completed in June 2014
• Family Lounge - with kitchen, Direct TV, infant play area, WIFI, coffee, tea and alkaline water
• Cardio Gym for Parents - A great place to reduce the stress level of parents!
"NAPA Center's new facility provides us with much needed additional space to serve more children and add new programs," said NAPA Center Owner Lynette LaScala. "As the mother of a son with CP, I've traveled the world getting him the best therapies and with the NAPA Center my dream to offer the best of the best all in one location has come to life."
The NAPA Center will host an open house this Saturday, March 22nd from 11 am to 1:30 pm at 11840 S. La Cienega Blvd with tours of the new facility, a presentation of programs, and a free 15 minute assessment to determine which programs best suit your child.
For more information, visit http://www.napacenter.org. To learn more or meet some of the inspiring children who are benefitting from NAPA services, contact Dawn Hamilton at email@example.com
# # #