TUNBRIDGE WELLS, ENGLAND, February 08, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Maytech Communications (Maytech), the global cloud-based data transfer company, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the ISO 20071 accreditation. The award will seal the company's reputation for data services that are safe and secure, as well as being flexible, adaptable and without limits.---
ISO 20071 was created to protect critical and sensitive information held by organisations and their clients, suppliers and customers. It provides a holistic, risk-based approach to compliance in this sphere.
ISO20071 is an internationally-recognised standard, with global criteria. Companies accredited with an ISO 20071 demonstrate advanced security; a fact that promotes trust with stakeholders. The mark creates market differentiation due to its prestige and world-renown.
Maytech's chief exec, John Lynch, said: "This ISO 27001 accreditation is just one more award that demonstrates Maytech's dogged commitment to all aspects of IT and data security on behalf of our customers."
He added: "We want our customers to have peace of mind, as well as a great service, and this helps to provide it. We will continue to adapt and evolve our product suite in a bid to stay top of the pile when it comes to best practice in information security."
The ISO 27001 requires that companies systematically examine existing security risks, then design and implement a comprehensive suite of controls and/or treatments to address those risks. Companies must also adopt overarching management processes to ensure the controls work on an ongoing basis.
The standard contains 11 principle domains:
• Security policy - management direction
• Organization of information security - governance of information security
• Asset management - inventory and classification of information assets
• Human resources security - security aspects for employees joining, moving and leaving an organization
• Physical and environmental security - protection of the computer facilities
• Communications and operations management - management of technical security controls in systems and networks
• Access control - restriction of access rights to networks, systems, applications, functions and data
• Information systems acquisition, development and maintenance - building security into applications
• Information security incident management - anticipating and responding appropriately to information security breaches
• Business continuity management - protecting, maintaining and recovering business-critical processes and systems
• Compliance - ensuring conformance with information security policies, standards, laws and regulations
Maytech provides a global cloud data transfer platform that enables organisations to control important workflows and document exchange in a reliable and secure fashion.
Eight hundred companies ranging in size from SMEs to huge corporations, across 60 verticals, in 35 countries use the service and the platform was an essential component of the London 2012 Olympics information architecture.
Launched in 2006, Maytech owns and operates a global data exchange network with hubs across the world. Maytech typically replaces in-house server infrastructure and self-serve consumer-centric file sharing services that lack essential oversight and control features.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #