PALM SPRINGS, CA, January 21, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The Michael Lord Gallery is pleased to announce the exhibition: Betty Gold: New Maquettes and Paintings. The public is invited to attend the opening artist reception on Friday, February 1, from 6 to 8 pm. The exhibition continues through February 28.
Betty Gold was born in 1935 in Austin, Texas. After completing her studies at the University of Texas, she entered the tutelage and apprenticeship of sculptor Octavio Medillan in Dallas, Texas. As art writer Steven Biller notes, "Gold is a former beauty pageant winner with jet black hair and a native Texas twang. She hardly seems the type to cut, weld, and grind CorTen steel, yet she emerged a bona fide pioneer in a male-dominated field and produced a gutsy body of work that spans more than 35 years."
Gold's sculpture exists in more than 100 permanent installations and private collections throughout the world, including the Palm Springs Art Museum. Her work has been shown in 50 solo exhibitions and 100 group exhibitions since 1971. In 2005, she was honored with a major retrospective exhibition at the Casal Solleric Museum in Palma de Majorca, Spain. "Betty Gold--35 Years of Sculpture" filled ten rooms of the historic castle.
Betty Gold has traveled extensively and draws from the many diverse cultures and environments she has explored. Most known for her monumental sculpture, Gold has also worked in a wide variety of mediums including painting, drawing, silk screening, tapestry and jewelry design. In this 2013 exhibition, new maquettes, paintings, as well as work in other mediums will be on view.
The Michael H. Lord Gallery features a wide range of contemporary art and is located at 1090 N. Palm Canyon Drive in the Palm Springs Uptown Design District. For more information, contact Sam Heaton at 760-699-8957 or visit http://www.michaelhlordgallery.com.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sam Heaton:
- Michael H. Lord Gallery Palm Springs Announces First 2013 Exhibition: Artist Forrest Moses
- Famed Architectural Photographer Leland Y. Lee, 91: "My First Exhibition" during Modernism Week in Palm Springs
- "Vincent," a Portrait by Celebrated American Artist Frederick J. Brown Available at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, California
- Artwork of Grisha Bruskin Available Now at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, California
- Rare Drawings by George Condo on Exhibit at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- The Luminous World of Artist Carlo D'Alessio Held Over at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- Rare Paintings by Robert Beauchamp on View Now at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- Michael H. Lord Gallery Announces New Palm Springs Oasis of Contemporary Art