PALM SPRINGS, CA, January 01, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The Michael Lord Gallery is pleased to announce its first 2013 exhibition: Forrest Moses: New Paintings, Monotypes and Photographs. The public is invited to attend the opening artist reception on Friday, January 4, from 6 to 8 pm. The exhibition continues through January 31.
Forrest Moses was born in Virginia in 1934 and received his BFA in 1956 from Washington and Lee University. In 1959, he entered Pratt Institute in New York for graduate work in design. After working in Texas for three years as a designer of interiors, furniture, and ceramics, he moved to the Monterey Peninsula in California to paint full time in 1965. The work produced since that time has been shown in more than forty solo exhibitions. Moses' artwork is widely exhibited in museums including the World Collection, Yokohama, Japan; Pratt Institute, New York; Art Dumonde, Tokyo; and the New Mexico Museum of Art, Santa Fe.
Moses now divides his time between his Santa Fe and Palm Springs studios. He explores and records landscape locations with his camera and translates these images into works in oil, monotype and watercolor. As a modern landscape artist, reflections, grasslands, marshes and ponds are current subjects of interest for Moses' expressionist paintings. Profoundly influenced by Japanese aesthetics, Moses seeks "to discover nature's truth and give life to a painted image by understanding the rhythms and pulses behind appearances." New works as well as work from earlier in his distinguished career will be on view.
The Michael H. Lord Gallery features a wide range of contemporary art and is located at 1090 N. Palm Canyon Drive in the Palm Springs Uptown Design District. For more information, contact Sam Heaton at 760-699-8957 or visit http://www.michaelhlordgallery.com.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Sam Heaton:
- Michael H. Lord Gallery Announces New Exhibition: Artist Betty Gold
- Famed Architectural Photographer Leland Y. Lee, 91: "My First Exhibition" during Modernism Week in Palm Springs
- "Vincent," a Portrait by Celebrated American Artist Frederick J. Brown Available at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, California
- Artwork of Grisha Bruskin Available Now at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, California
- Rare Drawings by George Condo on Exhibit at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- The Luminous World of Artist Carlo D'Alessio Held Over at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- Rare Paintings by Robert Beauchamp on View Now at Michael H. Lord Gallery, Palm Springs, CA
- Michael H. Lord Gallery Announces New Palm Springs Oasis of Contemporary Art