BREMEN, GA, December 30, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Mill Town Music Hall opened as West Georgia's largest concert and entertainment venue a year ago on January 28 and the community hasn't stopped singing its praises since. During its first year, the venue has been home to quality wholesome entertainment covering multiple music genres. Located conveniently off I-20 in Bremen (1031 Alabama Avenue), Mill Town Music Hall has most importantly helped revitalize the West Georgia area with a boost in tourism. .
Opening Mill Town Music Hall was the culmination of a life-long passion for music for its founder Randall Redding, as well as serve as a way for him to 'glorify God' and give back to the community in which he was raised.
"I am humbled by the quality of the entertainment we have been able to attract to Mill Town Music Hall, the support we received from the community and the volunteer team we have been able to assemble," said Randall Redding, co-Founder of Mill Town Music Hall. "This does not just happen. We know God has a plan for all of this and we can't wait to see what He's planned for us in 2013."
According to Bremen Mayor Sharon Sewell, Mill Town Music Hall has helped revitalize the West Georgia community by bringing people to the area for entertainment that includes dinner and a night in one of the area's local hotels.
Some milestone achievements during its first year in business include:
• Hosted - 30 shows and more than 20,000 patrons
• First Sold Out Show - The Oak Ridge Boys (Aug. 17, 2012)
• Renowned Performers on the Mill Town Music Hall stage in 2012 - Including but not limited to Toby Keith, Steven Curtis Chapman, Alabama, Ricky Skaggs, Mel Tillis, Greater Vision, John Berry, and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
• Nationally recognized musicals: "Veggie Tales Live!" and "Smoke on the Mountain"
• Kicked off the plans for the Harold Shedd Music Mill Gallery - Plans are underway to open a non-profit extension of the venue to serve as a tourist attraction which celebrates music history connected to the state of Georgia. This new venue is scheduled to open Spring 2013.
• Secured event-specific and ongoing venue sponsors and partners -Sponsors include Tanner Health Systems, Hampton Inn, Graddick Communications, R.K. Redding Construction, Southeastern Hose and more.
• Event Planning - As the largest space of its kind in the West Georgia area, the venue held a variety of events for corporations and individuals, such as parties and weddings.
The venue also acts as a perfect environment for fundraising and/or host venue for conferences. As a permanent fixture for the venue, the Purpose Center runs the concession and raises money for its ministry and The Church at Chapel Hill hosts its weekly services at the facility. Annual events have included BRIDGE Fest (the West Georgia area fight against drugs), as well as other community events such as Grow Haralson Community Planning session for Haralson County.
A Significant schedule of diverse entertainment for 2013 is already secured:
• Upcoming performers include Amy Grant on Thursday, January 17; Mill Town Music Hall's One-Year Anniversary Weekend events on Feb. 1-2 (featuring Triumphant Quartet, The Isaacs and The Diplomats); American Idol alumnus Bo Bice on Friday, Feb. 8; and Rhonda Vincent and Gene Watson on Friday, Feb. 22.
• The venue will serve as one of the hosts to the Smithsonian Institute's New Harmonies traveling exhibit http://www.museumonmainstreet.org/newHarmonies/index.html
• Concerts also include Oak Ridge Boys, Little Texas, NewSong and more.
• For more information about Mill Town Music Hall or for an upcoming calendar of events, please visit us at http://www.MillTownMusicHall.com; follow us on Twitter @Mill_Town_Music, or on Facebook.
To receive a complete list of events from 2012 or to hear more about Mill Town Music Hall's plans for 2013, please contact Rob Kremer at 404-961-2224.
About Mill Town Music Hall
Mill Town Music Hall is committed to providing West Georgia with a quality wholesome entertainment venue and opened on February 2, 2012. It is the largest facility of its kind in West Georgia and comfortably seats more than 1,000 people. Boasting a state-of-the-art audio and visual system, the venue hosts numerous Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Country and Bluegrass concerts, along with other family-friendly events. The facility can also be rented for corporate events and private receptions. Please visit http://www.MillTownMusicHall.com for the most up to date calendar of events.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Rob Kremer: