ASHEVILLE, NC, September 11, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Moog Music today announced the discontinuation of the Little Phatty Stage II analog synthesizer. Moog plans to continue building a limited quantity of units at their factory in downtown Asheville while parts and materials last, which is not expected to be more than two months. The Little Phatty was released in 2006 as a tribute to the life and legacy of Moog Music founder and synthesizer pioneer, Bob Moog. Following the passing of Dr. Moog, The Little Phatty was the first Moog synthesizer designed by Moog Music's Chief Engineer, Cyril Lance. ---
"After Bob's passing, we faced the immense challenge of creating a new synthesizer that would embody the values that we all treasured in Bob," Lance recalls. "We worked around the clock to develop an instrument that was founded on his continually forward-looking view of synthesis."
Over the course of its seven-year production run, the Little Phatty has gone through three incantations including The Tribute, Stage I, and Stage II editions. During that time, the Little Phatty has become one of the best selling professional analog synthesizers in history. Its sonic impact on modern music can be heard on thousands of records, and its signature swooped-back silhouette can be seen in top recording facilities around the world as well as on the stages of internationally touring musical acts such as Rush, Jack White, Queens of The Stone Age, No Doubt, Bernie Worrell and the hit shows American Idol, Nashville and Portlandia.
"The Little Phatty represented a key foundational element in what would become the future of Moog Music," said Michael Adams, Moog Music President & CEO. "It was the synthesizer that proved to the world that Moog Music would continue to create market leading, forward-thinking synthesizers. The fact that the Little Phatty remains an industry standard instrument for artists and producers to this day, is a testament to its design."
The Little Phatty Stage II is still available in limited quantities at stocking dealers in standard and custom colors while supplies last. For pricing and availability, please visit http://www.moogmusic.com/dealers.
Mini Documentary and Promotional Incentives:
Moog Music released a mini-doc entitled Moog Lives. Play On.: The Making of the Little Phatty today which can be viewed on the Moog website. In the video, Moog Music President Mike Adams, Chief Engineer Cyril Lance, and Product Development Specialist Steve Dunnington recall how the Little Phatty came to life, the challenges that were faced when Dr. Moog fell ill, and how they were eventually overcome to create this one of a kind instrument.
As a thank you to existing Little Phatty owners, Moog Music is offering a free Little Phatty Gig Bag (an $80 value) with the purchase of the Little Phatty CV Output Modification. The modification adds one gate and four CV outputs to the Little Phatty for those desiring greater expressive flexibility. Moog Music is also offering a free percussion and legacy preset pack for Phatty owners available via down-load on its website.
The Phatty family of synthesizers lives on through the new Sub Phatty analog synthesizer and the Slim Phatty desktop synthesizer. For more information on the Phatty family of analog synthesizers go to: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/Phattys
• Video Link: http://www.moogmusic.com/content/moog-lives-play-making-little-phatty
• Free Percussion and Legacy Preset Pack Link: http://www.moogmusic.com/content/percussion-legacy-presets
• CV Out Modification: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/phattys/little-phatty-cv-out-modification
• Moog Music website: http://www.moogmusic.com/
• Moog Music on Twitter: http://www.Twitter.com/MoogMusicInc/
• Moog Music on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/MoogMusicInc/
About Moog Music:
Moog Music synthesizers and other electronic musical instruments are designed and lovingly handcrafted in the Moog factory in downtown Asheville, N.C. Moog Music and its customers carry on the legacy of Dr. Robert Moog, inventor of the Moog synthesizer and Founder of Moog Music Inc.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Jeff Touzeau:
- Carousel Industries, Polycom and NuPhysicia Partner to Deliver Industry-Leading Enterprise-Class Telehealth Solution for Healthcare Providers
- Moog Announces Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack for Animoog
- Real Life Christian Church Expands Its Multi-Site Ministry With Sennheiser Wireless Microphones and In Ear Monitor Systems
- iZotope Masters Q&A Series, Part 1: Charles Deenen, Master of Audio: Video Games
- Carousel Industries Recognized as 2013 Avaya U.S. Customer Experience Management Partner of the Year
- Sennheiser Gaming: The Sound Games Are Made Of
- Moogfest 2014 Announces Daytime Presenters Including Futurists, Musicians, Scientists, Authors, Filmmakers, and Pioneers of Electronic Music Instrument Design
- Soundcast Named as CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honoree
- Sennheiser Announces PRESENCE Mobile Headset, Bringing Unprecedented Audio Quality to Consumers and Business Professionals
- iZotope Releases Audio Repair with RX 3: Tools, Tips and Techniques