NEWPORT BEACH, CA, October 26, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Estate Planning and Probate attorney Darlynn Morgan of Morgan Law Group announced today that she is joining her colleagues at WealthCounsel in a public relations campaign to showcase National Estate Planning Awareness Week, October 21-27, 2013. ---
Orange County estate planning attorney Darlynn Morgan noted that estate planning is one of the most overlooked areas of personal financial management. More than 120 million Americans do not have proper estate plans to protect themselves or their families in the event of sickness, accidents, or untimely death. This costs many families wasted dollars and unnecessary hardship that can be minimized with proper planning.
According to a 2004 survey by Lawyers.com:
• 69% of adult Americans do not have a Living Will or Advance Medical Directive
• 58% of adult Americans do not even have a basic Last Will and Testament
• Only 21% of adult Americans have established a trust for estate planning purposes.
Yet the most shocking statistic, according to Orange County estate planning lawyer, Darlynn Morgan, is how many Americans believe estate planning is something you do once and never look at again until a person's death or incapacity. That, according to Morgan is the reason up to 95% of estate plans will fail when families need them the most.
"Contrary to popular belief, estate planning is not something you do once and then stick in a drawer never to look at again," says Morgan. Instead, your plan has to be updated as your life, and the law changes through the years," she adds.
In 2008, the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC) worked with Congress to pass a resolution proclaiming the third week in October as National Estate Planning Awareness Week. The resolution noted that "Many Americans are unaware that lack of estate planning and financial illiteracy may cause their assets to be disposed of to unintended parties by default through the complex process of probate."
"Estate planning is a thoughtful process and not merely a single legal transaction," said Morgan. "As a member of WealthCounsel, my firm has access to a state-of-the-art document drafting system, a network of experienced colleagues throughout the country with whom I can collaborate, and superior educational resources to help me stay on the leading edge of knowledge," Morgan stated.
In 2012, Forbes produced an article "The Forbes Guide to Estate Planning: 2013 Edition" for the online reader. The article also contains many links answering the most basic estate planning questions. You can review the article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2012/10/14/the-forbes-guide-to-estate-planning/.
In addition to the Forbes article, another tool was created by the American Bar Association in the form of an estate planning FAQ website. For more information about the release of that website visit http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2012/10/14/the-forbes-guide-to-estate-planning/.
For more information on estate planning and Newport Beach attorney Darlynn Morgan, please visit her press page at http://www.morganlawgroup.com/in-the-press or call (949) 260-1400.
ABOUT DARLYNN MORGAN - California Will and Trust Attorney
OC Trusts Lawyer Darlynn Morgan and Morgan Law Group is a Southern California Probate Attorney / Estate Planning Lawyer / Wills & Living Trusts Law Firm Serving: Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego & all of Southern California.
Southern California probate law firm Morgan Law Group, serves all cities in Orange County, including: Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Balboa Island, Brea, Buena Park, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto de Caza, Cypress, Dana Point, as well as estate planning in Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, and estate planning and probate in Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, and estate planning and probate law firm information in Orange, OC, Placentia, Rancho San Margarita, Rossmoor, San Clemente, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, and Yorba Linda.
Orange County California probate law firm Morgan Law Group, serves all cities in Los Angeles.
Morgan Law Group is an estate planning firm in Newport Beach, CA.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Becky Billingsley:
- Orange County Trust Lawyer, Darlynn Morgan, Named 2013 Southern California Super Lawyer
- Newport Beach Law Firm Helps Parents Protect Their Kids
- OC Metro Magazine Names Newport Beach Estate Planning Attorney, Darlynn Morgan, Among OC's Top Attorneys
- Darlynn Morgan, Local Estate Planning Attorney, Joins the Board of Directors of Safety Alert Apps, Inc.
- Darlynn Morgan, Orange County Estate Planning Attorney, Shows How To Help An Aging Dad
- Estate Planning Attorney, Darlynn Morgan, Gives Parents an Insight on Protecting Their Kids
- Local Attorney, Darlynn Morgan, Selected for 2013 Southern California Super Lawyers
- According to Morgan Law Group 1 in 8 U.S. Households Could Owe Estate Tax in 2013
- Get Your Final Affairs In Order For National Estate Planning Awareness Week
- Orange County Trust Lawyer Darlynn Morgan Is Awarded Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating