FARMINGTON HILLS, MI, December 28, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Katie G. Brisson has been named Vice President, Program, at the Community Foundation. In her new role Ms. Brisson will oversee the discretionary grantmaking programs at the Foundation. She has most recently served as senior program officer for the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan, a $100 million economic development initiative funded by ten local, regional and national foundations and run by the Community Foundation.
Ms. Brisson joined the Community Foundation as a program officer in 1999 and has managed a diverse portfolio of grants in the arts and culture, health, youth, economic development and LGBT sectors. Since 2009 she has helped launch and staff the New Economy Initiative.
Previously, she served as a consultant to the W.K. Kellogg Foundation's Philanthropy and Volunteerism team, research assistant for The Johns Hopkins Institute for Policy Studies, and as chief lobbyist for The Maryland Food Committee in Baltimore, where she worked on hunger and poverty issues. Brisson is a graduate of Leadership Detroit Class XXII and received a 2009 Spirit of Detroit Award.
Brisson holds a B.A. in sociology from Western Michigan University, an M.A. in legal and ethical studies from the University of Baltimore, and an M.A. from the Institute for Policy Studies at The Johns Hopkins University.
The Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan is a permanent community endowment built by gifts from thousands of individuals and organizations committed to the future of southeast Michigan. The Foundation works to improve the region's quality of life by connecting those who care with causes that matter. The Foundation supports a wide variety of activities benefiting education, arts and culture, health, human services, community development and civic affairs. Since its inception, the Foundation has distributed nearly $545 million through more than 43,000 grants to nonprofit organizations throughout Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Washtenaw, St. Clair and Livingston counties. For more information, please visit http://www.cfsem.org.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Lauren Herrin:
- Hotel at MGM Grand Detroit Receives AAA Four Diamond Award for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Ryann O' Boyle Bunch Named As An Associate at Maddin, Hauser, Wartell, Roth & Heller, P.C.
- MGM Grand Detroit's "Touching Communities, Touching Lives " Spreads $10,000 of Holiday Cheer to Local Organization's During Cyber Monday Online Charitable Giving Event
- Kate Matlen Joins Maddin Hauser As An Associate
- Second Annual MGM Grand Detroit "Touching Communities, Touching Lives " To Host Second Facebook Campaign on Cyber Monday
- Rogers Mantese & Associates, P.C. Announces Recipient of Annual Law Scholarship at Irvin D. Reid Honors College at Wayne State University
- Michigan Association of CPAs Elects Randlph C. Paschke As Chair of Board of Directors
- Birmingham's Don Thomas Sporthaus Presents Matchstick Productions "Superheroes of Stoke"
- Experts To Address Corporate Income Tax, Election and More at 2012 Michigan Tax Conference
- MARS Advertising, Inc. Listed Among Best U.S. Agencies by Chief Marketer Network