NEW YORK, NY, October 28, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- Halloween can be a fun time for the whole family, but the New York City personal injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C urge you to take extra precautions this year! Opening your house to trick-or-treaters, also opens yourself up to possible liability. Be aware of dangerous conditions on your property and be sure to provide lighting to prevent any injuries. Trick-or-treaters need to be careful also, and should always keep an eye out for danger!
Here are some safety tips from our experts:
Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treaters
- Children must be told to stay out of streets and keep on sidewalks and lawns - and of course, no running into the street.
- Children should avoid wearing all black and can carry a flashlight in the dark.
- Wear well-fitting masks and costumes to avoid blocked vision, tripping, and falling.
- Be careful of walking to close to lit jack-o-lanterns.
- Only go to houses with porch lights on.
- Travel in a group and always carry a cell phone.
- Don't assume that you have the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing you.
Safety Tips for Homeowners
- Property owners should keep their property well lit and free from all debris as children of all ages may come to their home, and many will be wearing masks that limit their visibility
- Do not allow lit jack-o-lanterns to be in the area or excessive lights as these may be fire hazards.
- Even if you have a friendly dog, all dogs should be kept away. Children will be screaming and the idea of Halloween is to be scary. A frightened dog can be a danger.
- To ensure children's safety, all Halloween decorations must be easily visible, and a property owner should check the area for all other fall risks and tripping hazards.
- Motorists should not drink and drive, as always.
- Motorists must drive slowly. They should have the expectation that there will be children in the street and drive accordingly. It is known that kids will be everywhere and slow driving will prevent accidents.
- Check your kids' candy before they dive in. Discard any treats that aren't sealed or have torn packages.
- Avoid homemade treats.
- Avoid treats that may cause potential choking hazards.
The NYC personal injury attorneys at Rosenbaum and Rosenbaum wants everyone to have fun this Halloween and the best way to ensure that happens is to follow these important safety tips. Happy Halloween!
If you are injured and need legal representation call the NYC personal injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C at 800-724-7971 or visit http://www.rosenbaumnylaw.com/
The personal injury law firm of Rosenbaum & Rosenbaum, P.C., represents clients throughout the New York City (NYC) area, including Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, as well as Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, who have been injured in an accident or whose loved ones suffered an injury or death as a result of negligence or medical malpractice.