SIMI VALLEY, CA, April 12, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Nic Adler, Owner of The Roxy on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, will be honored with the School of Media, Culture & Design IMPACT Award for his notable contributions to music, fashion, and culture. Recognition is from the Fashion Design Department at Woodbury University, one of the oldest private institutions in the greater Los Angeles area, and will be announced at the school's 48th Annual Fashion Show, April 28, 2012 taking place at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel downtown L.A. ---
"This Award is very special to me because it's coming from a school that really believes in nurturing young, creative talent," Nic Adler stated upon notification of the award. "Their students reflect what I see all the time, people coming together from all over the world and sharing their dreams through music, art, and fashion."
"We are thrilled to announce that Nic Adler is this year's IMPACT Award recipient," said Dr. Edward Clift, Dean of the School of Media, Culture and Design. "Nic is the personification of the way music, art, and fashion merge today through technology and media creating new, enriching cultural trends." Fashion Chair, Kathryn Hagen, agrees. "Nic is a true visionary for his time. In addition to music, he is a great supporter of new artists and cutting-edge designers. Nic celebrates the lifestyle and culture of his fans. Now it's our chance to celebrate Nic."
Nic Adler began his business career as a band manager, promoter, and restaurateur before taking the helm at The Roxy in 1998. An entrepreneur and community builder, Nic was drawn to the leading edge concepts he found in the burgeoning field of social media. In 2007 he launched a blog that went on to win The VH-1 Rock Honors Award for Best Music Venue Website. Always an early adopter, Nic began tweeting in 2008 making The Roxy the #1 Music Venue on Twitter and Facebook in the world. His international Roxy Newsletter includes regular features on fashion and art that intertwine with breakthrough music he continues to introduce to his customers and the industry. Nic is co-producer of the Sunset Strip Music Festival, which draws over 30,000 music fans to the city every August. He is also Vice President of the Sunset Strip Business Association, received the 2011 Beacon Award from the West Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for his contribution to business success along the Strip and received the 2011 Social Media Marketer of the Year Award from Gravity Summit. His story of successful collaboration with competitors to rebuild businesses has been featured in the New York Times, Mashable, TechCrunch, Los Angeles Times, Fast Company, with cover stories in LABJ, Venues Today and Nightclub and Bar Magazine.
Nic will be honored at the Woodbury University 48th Annual Fashion Show, "Sampling: A Creative Mash-up of Music and Fashion" at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 5:30pm. The IMPACT Award is a new honor given to outstanding creative individuals who have made a significant contribution to culture. It will be presented during the Fashion Showcase that features styles by Woodbury University students under the guidance of Fashion Chair, Kathryn Hagen and her red-carpet design mentors Eduardo Lucero and Jared Gold.
For information about Nic Adler, contact Teri Thompson, Rocky Peak Enterprises, LLC (805) 558-5340. For information about the Fashion Show, please contact James Morse, Director of Alumni and Events Careers and Alumni Office (818) 252-5248.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Teri Thompson:
- Los Angeles Area University President Offers Perspectives on Mandela, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Their Visionary Leadership Lessons of Empowered Ideas, Risk, and Role-Modeling
- Social Media is The New Therapist Couch for Young Tech Savvy Followers And Virtual Clients of Los Angeles, California Life Coach, Ora Nadrich
- Famous International Singer and Cincinnati Resident, Tajci Cameron, Named Culture Ambassador of Zagorje and Croatia During Her Current Visit While Shooting "Keep Your Head Up" Music Video
- First Lady, Michelle Obama, Welcomes Compton and Long Beach At-Risk-Young Men of Color to The White House in Special Music Program Sponsored by The GRAMMY Museum
- Ms. Alie Chang, Internationally Renowned Environmental Designer, Honored with The Roy Disney Achievement Award by Los Angeles Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa for the The U.S. Asia Business Forum
- "The Power of Real-Time Social Media Marketing" Hits Shelves January 7, 2011: How Businesses Can Attract and Retain Customers and Grow the Bottom Line in the Globally Connected World
- World Premieres No Longer Limited To Hollywood. Internet, Film Festivals Are New Distribution Streams For Artists. Dr. Shroud Premieres On Internet At www.Newgrounds.com and Live in Memphis