MONROVIA, CA, March 26, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Norbert Perrimon, Harvard Medical School, will give the keynote presentation at the Non-Coding RNAs and RNAi Research & Therapeutics Conference, to be held June 19-20, 2014 in San Diego, CA.
Dr. Perrimon, who is currently a Professor of Genetics at Harvard Medical School, has 30 years of experience in the fields of developmental genetics, signal transduction and genomics. In recent years, his group has established high-throughput genome-wide RNAi screens to systematically interrogate the entire Drosophila genome in various cell-based assays. Currently, Dr. Perrimon's laboratory is applying large-scale RNAi and proteomic methods to obtain a global understanding of the structure of a number of signaling pathways and their crosstalks. In addition, he is studying the roles of signaling pathways in homeostasis and tissue remodeling in Drosophila muscles and gut stem cells.
Professor Perrimon will share about his lab's progress at applying CRISPR and RNAi to study gene functions in Drosophila, both in tissue culture cells and in vivo. With the former, he will describe his lab's particular protocol for generating mutant cell lines using CRISPR and how these cells can be used to perform RNAi screens for synthetic lethality. In the case of the latter, Dr. Perrimon will speak on how the lab is using CRISPR to generate endogenous reporter genes containing various fluorescent proteins in order to study the spatial and temporal regulation of signaling pathways.
The Non-Coding RNAs and RNAi Research & Therapeutics Conference seeks to provide a forum for researchers from industry and academia to share complementary perspectives on hot topics such as genome-editing technologies, aptamers, and lncRNA. In addition to presentations on the latest discovery, delegates will enjoy networking sessions where they will able to connect and build new relationships.
For more information about the conference, please visit http://www.gtcbio.com/rna
GTC organizes conferences specifically for the biomedical and biopharmaceutical industries. Our goal is to facilitate the exchange of biopharmaceutical and biomedical intelligence between industry leaders, academic institutions, government organizations and the financial community.
GTC (Global Technology Community), LLC, is a privately held company founded in 2002.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Kristen Starkey:
- Tomi Sawyer at Merck, to Keynote Present at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Robert McCormack to Present at Biomarker Meeting on Oct. 9-10 in Dublin, Ireland
- Sarah Nietzer to Speak at Imaging Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Lars Hammarström to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conference, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- Jianxin Zhang, Sanofi Pasteur, to Speak at Protein-Protein Interaction, Oct. 23-24, 2014 in Boston
- Vasilis Ntziachristos to Speak at Imaging Conf., Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin, Ireland
- Martin Hallbeck to Speak at Cell Based Assay Conf.erence, Oct. 7-8, 2014, Dublin
- James Errey, Of Heptares To Talk At Protein Expression Meeting, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Stephen Anderson, of Sanofi R & D to Speak at Antibody & Protein Mtg, Oct 23-24, 2014, Boston, MA.
- Philip Dormitzer, Novartis to Speak at Vaccines Meeting, July 9, 2014, in Boston