ISELIN, NJ, February 07, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- SMi Group, the world-leading events company behind this year's widely anticipated event, has confirmed a full programme with 19 speakers now on board. And with delegates now registering from leading companies the event is set to get off to a flying start.---
Liz Fuller, Partner, Bird & Bird commented:
"I am delighted to be speaking at this important event with such a knowledgeable group of people. As biosimilars and biobetters are here to stay, this conference will be important for originators as well as biosimilar and biobetter applicants. The strategies for both sides really should be global, particularly true in light of new and proposed guidelines on mAbs. I look forward to discussing how the EU experience is a bellwether and can help shape that global strategy-for the US and beyond "
Professor Joseph Fuhr, Professor of Economics, Widener University added:
"It is my pleasure to be speaking at this important conference concerning the competitive impact of biosimilars. The entry of biosimilars in the U.S. is likely to eventually have a significant impact on the market."
Richard Dolinar, Chairman, Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines further added:
"I am delighted to be able to share a physician's perspective on biosimilar issues currently under discussion in the U.S. and across the globe at this important forum. Pharmacoviligance is important to maintain the safety of medicines and the more information doctors have, the better it will be for the proper treatment of patients."
Through exclusive case-studies and interactive presentations, delegates will be able to understand how to identify potential revenue streams from biosimilar production as well as understand how new regulations are affecting the industry. The speaker line-up includes:
- Dr Richard Dicicco, Chairman, Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
- Dr John Pakulski, Senior Director, and Head US Biopharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs, Sandoz
- Rodeina Challand, Executive Director, Biosimilars Development, Scientific Affairs, PRA International
- Dr ShinJae Chang, Vice President, Research and Development, Celltrion Inc.
- Paul Ashton, President & CEO, pSivida
- Peter Pitts, President, Center for Medicine in the Public Interest (Former FDA Associate Commissioner)
- Douglas M. Long, Vice President, Industry Relations, IMS Health
- Dr Rakesh Dixit, Vice President, Research and Development Head, Global Biologics Safety Assessment, MedImmune (AstraZeneca Biologics)
Two interactive post-conference workshops will also be held:
A. Differentiation Strategies for the Generics Industry. Workshop Leader: Asa Cox, Founder & CEO, Generic Pharma 2.0
B. Launching a Biosimilar in an Innovator v. Generic World. Workshop Leader: Kristie Kuhl, JD, Executive VP, Makovsky
Full event information can be found at http://www.biosimilars-usa.com or last minute early-bird places can be booked via John Collins: +44(0) 20 7827 6734.
Notes to editor
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event, please contact Alia Malick on +44(0) 20 7827 6168.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Humaira Kaiser: