Clark & Washington
NORCROSS, GA, January 03, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- The Background of the Case
Anna Nicole Smith was 27 years old when her 90-year-old billionaire husband, J. Howard Marshall, passed away. Upon his death, it was discovered that he left nothing to his former model wife. Smith was not in a good financial condition when her husband passed. She had next to nothing in her bank account and decided to file a lawsuit against the estate. It was her contention that her husband's son undermined an agreement to create a trust in her name. This led to a lengthy court case with the estate that cost her a great deal of money to pursue. Since she was making a claim on $400 million dollars from the estate, the costs associated with the case seemed worth it at the time.
More Legal Woes
Smith faced other legal issues that drained her funds. As any qualified Orlando bankruptcy attorneys
will tell you, when funds are being taken from different sources all at the same time, it is very easy to attain a negative net worth.
To make matters worse, Smith eventually found herself in the position of a defendant in another lawsuit. She was sued by a former housekeeper for sexual harassment. This was not a frivolous case. The housekeeper won and was awarded a tremendous amount: $850,000. This proved to be financially devastating for Smith, and she had to file for bankruptcy as a result.
Smith's financial woes continued to mount as she fought alongside her lawyer against the Marshall estate. Considering her financial troubles, she had few options in life other than to continue to fight for a win. The lawsuit dragged on and didn't even settle until after her death. The end result of the lawsuit was not favorable to Smith, and the case was dismissed by the Supreme Court.
The Unforeseen Nature of Events
If there is a cautionary tale amidst the woes of Anna Nicole Smith, it would be the fact that serious and significant financial devastation can occur without any warning or expectation. It also shows that circumstances that lead to bankruptcy can happen to anyone. If you find yourself in this predicament, don't panic. Call an Orlando bankruptcy lawyer
to help you get back on track.
For more information on the Orlando bankruptcy services
offered by Clark & Washington, visit their web site at http://www.orlando-bankruptcy-help.com
About Clark & Washington:
Established in 1983, Clark & Washington is now one of the leading bankruptcy filers in the Southeast. They have locations in Georgia, Florida and Tennessee. Clark & Washington specializes in personal chapter seven and 13 bankruptcy. They offer honest, helpful legal advice to those experiencing financial hardships.
For more information, visit http://www.orlando-bankruptcy-help.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Anne DeVito:
- Samson Trailways Discusses Reasons to Hire an Atlanta Bus Charter for Your Group Outings This Season
- Atlanta Bus Charter Company, Samson Trailways, Shares How to Go Green with Mass Transit
- Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys, McAleer Law, Discuss Risks in Winter Driving and How They Can Help
- Georgia Injury Accident Lawyer, McAleer Law, Reminds Customers of Satellite Office in Mobile, Ala.
- Professional Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Recommend Cool Tools for Holiday Cooking
- Commercial Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Can Help Stock Your Restaurant for the Holiday Crowds
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Discusses Top Interview Mistakes to Avoid
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Announces Its New VP of Business Development, Michael Walden
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Offers Tips on How to Make a Seasonal Job a Lasting Position
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Encourages Seeking Employment Now for After Seasonal Employment Ends