NORCROSS, GA, January 08, 2013 /24-7PressRelease/
-- OrthoAtlanta would like to discuss some of the most common injuries that can result from a football game, whether you are a professional or tossing the ball around with friends.
Wrist tendonitis is a painful condition that can develop either from an arm injury or simply overusing your arm. If you feel a swelling and pain in your wrist, it may be the result of an irritation of the tissues around the tendons of your thumb. Treatments, in addition to plenty of rest, can include physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medication.
Injuries of the posterior and anterior cruciate ligaments (PCL and ACL) are two very common results of a rough football game. If you hurt your knee and you hear a popping noise, you probably have a PCL or ACL injury. The first thing you should do, then, is to rest, elevate your leg, and ice and compress your knee. Then, seek out an Atlanta physical therapist
to help yourself to heal as quickly as possible.
"Football is the perfect way to get outside and enjoy the crisp fall air with family and friends, but unfortunately it is always going to be a risky sport," explains Dr. Richard Johnston, Atlanta orthopedic surgeon
at OrthoAtlanta. "Play hard, but make sure that if you do injure yourself, you take care of the problem quickly, so you can get back in the game."
OrthoAtlanta have many years of experience in Atlanta sports medicine, and will be there for you this football season. With a wide range of treatments and therapy their expert team can help you stay active and performing at your very best.
To learn more about these Atlanta physical therapy and sports medicine, please visit http://www.OrthoAtlanta.com
OrthoAtlanta is a full-service Atlanta orthopaedic practice helping patients to recover from injury or illness. With multiple locations around the Atlanta area, OrthoAtlanta offers comprehensive orthopaedic care, including cartilage restoration, pediatrics, shoulder, knee, hand, foot and ankle, spine, sports medicine, trauma and total joint care. With years of research, training and experience, the medical staff at OrthoAtlanta is dedicated to helping patients perform - and live life - at their best.
For more information, please visit http://www.OrthoAtlanta.com
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Lead Content Developer
Cardinal Web Solutions
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Anne DeVito:
- Samson Trailways Discusses Reasons to Hire an Atlanta Bus Charter for Your Group Outings This Season
- Atlanta Bus Charter Company, Samson Trailways, Shares How to Go Green with Mass Transit
- Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys, McAleer Law, Discuss Risks in Winter Driving and How They Can Help
- Georgia Injury Accident Lawyer, McAleer Law, Reminds Customers of Satellite Office in Mobile, Ala.
- Professional Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Recommend Cool Tools for Holiday Cooking
- Commercial Kitchen Supplies Company, Kitchen Inspire, Can Help Stock Your Restaurant for the Holiday Crowds
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Discusses Top Interview Mistakes to Avoid
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Announces Its New VP of Business Development, Michael Walden
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Offers Tips on How to Make a Seasonal Job a Lasting Position
- Atlanta Staffing Agency TRC Staffing Services, Inc., Encourages Seeking Employment Now for After Seasonal Employment Ends