FARMINGTON HILLS, MI, November 22, 2012 /24-7PressRelease/
-- WHAT: MGM Grand Detroit's "Touching Communities, Touching Lives " will host its second annual online charitable event, "It's a Merry Merry $10,000 Monday," on Cyber Monday, November 26 from midnight to 11:59 p.m.
Throughout the day, five local nonprofits will vie for votes on the campaign's Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MGMGrandDetroitTCTL). The top three organizations will win their share of the total $10,000 prize: $7,000 for first place, $2,000 for second and $1,000 for third.
MGM Grand Detroit is dedicated to strengthening the communities in which it operates and team members live. Through its "Touching Communities, Touching Lives " initiatives, MGM Grand Detroit supports more than 400 charitable events annually, focusing in the five community investment areas of education, youth development, community development, arts and diversity.
HOW IT WORKS: Beginning at midnight on Monday, November 26, voters can log onto the "MGM Grand Detroit Touching Communities, Touching Lives" Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MGMGrandDetroitTCTL) to vote for their favorite of the five organizations. Voting closes promptly at 11:59 p.m. that evening. The winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 28th on the "MGM Grand Detroit Touching Communities, Touching Lives " Facebook page.
The link to the contest tab is: https://www.facebook.com/MGMGrandDetroitTCTL/app_201143516562748
PARTICIPANTS: The participants come from each of MGM Grand Detroit's five investment areas:
Education: Winning Futures, http://winningfutures.org
Youth Development: Money Matters for Youth, http://facebook.com/pages/Gail-Perry-Mason/293082284456
Community Development: Cass Community Services, http://www.casscommunity.org
Arts: Matrix Theatre Company, http://matrixtheatre.org
Diversity: Arab American & Chaldean Council, http://myacc.org
WHO: Dee Dee McKinney Odom, Director of Public Affairs, MGM Grand Detroit
WHEN: Monday, November 26, midnight through 11:59 p.m.
Interviews are available now, throughout the day of the contest and after
CONTACT: David Stoyka (313-570-7899) or Lauren Herrin (248-961-3676), Marx Layne & Co. 248- 855-6777
About MGM Grand Detroit
The only Forbes Four Star hotel and spa in Southeast Michigan and AAA Four Diamond Award-winning hotel, MGM Grand Detroit is the city's first and only downtown hotel, gaming and entertainment destination built from the ground up. The hotel features 400 chic and stylish guest rooms, including nine rooftop VIP suites and 56 opulent corner suites. Guests enjoy signature and casual restaurants, lounges such as a relaxed piano-style bar, high-energy nightlife, and the only resort-style spa in Southeast Michigan. More than 30,000 square feet of meeting space hosts everything from large corporate events to intimate black-tie affairs. MGM Grand Detroit is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information, visit http://www.mgmgranddetroit.com or call toll free at (888) 646-3387.---
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
# # #Read more Press Releases from Lauren Herrin:
- Hotel at MGM Grand Detroit Receives AAA Four Diamond Award for Fifth Consecutive Year
- Ryann O' Boyle Bunch Named As An Associate at Maddin, Hauser, Wartell, Roth & Heller, P.C.
- Ms. Katie G. Brisson Named Vice President, Program at the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- MGM Grand Detroit's "Touching Communities, Touching Lives " Spreads $10,000 of Holiday Cheer to Local Organization's During Cyber Monday Online Charitable Giving Event
- Kate Matlen Joins Maddin Hauser As An Associate
- Rogers Mantese & Associates, P.C. Announces Recipient of Annual Law Scholarship at Irvin D. Reid Honors College at Wayne State University
- Michigan Association of CPAs Elects Randlph C. Paschke As Chair of Board of Directors
- Birmingham's Don Thomas Sporthaus Presents Matchstick Productions "Superheroes of Stoke"
- Experts To Address Corporate Income Tax, Election and More at 2012 Michigan Tax Conference
- MARS Advertising, Inc. Listed Among Best U.S. Agencies by Chief Marketer Network