PINE GROVE, PA, April 10, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Solar Innovations, Inc., a manufacturer of greenhouses; garden windows; folding, sliding, and stacking walls, doors, windows; sunrooms; and skylights has implemented a successful aquaponic greenhouse at their Corporate Office in Pine Grove, PA.
For years, Solar Innovations, Inc. has served its customers as more than just a supplier of greenhouses and greenhouse accessories. Solar serves as a pillar in the greenhouse community and provides customers with valuable information regarding planting techniques, greenhouse maintenance, and troubleshooting. In an effort to expand their knowledge, Solar Innovations, Inc.'s greenhouse specialists implemented an aquaponic greenhouse ecosystem for experimentation and research nearly five years ago. This concept allows gardeners to expand their greenhouse production with a complimentary growing system that combines both plant and fish culture.
Successful aquaponic ecosystems require a delicate balance of nitrogen throughout a self sustaining, circular cycle. Nitrogen is introduced into the system initially through fish food. The fish food is consumed by the 10 Koi in the dual pond set up (see image right). The fish excrement that is later expelled into the ponds contains Ammonia. Bacteria in the water convert this Ammonia to nitrate, a nutrient form of nitrogen, or fertilizer which to serves as an added supplement for the banana trees that grow directly adjacent to the ponds. The nutrients allow Solar's banana trees to produce lush harvests of fruit with each new tree; banana trees bare fruit only once and must be cut down upon harvest. The roots of the banana trees and surrounding vegetation serve as water purifier for the pond and the Koi it holds, bringing the process full circle.
Although this concept may seem simple, it requires careful planning and consideration to create an environment that can facilitate a successful implementation. Solar Innovations, Inc.'s team of greenhouse experts works to design aquaponic greenhouses that are suited for a customer's location, desired species of fish, and plant choices. Greenhouse sizes, colors, and glazing selection can be tailored to fit the grower's specific needs and location.
For more information on Solar Innovations, Inc.'s greenhouses, to speak with a greenhouse expert, or to receive an updated greenhouse brochure, please contact a Solar Innovations, Inc.'s marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-618-0669.
# # #Read more Press Releases from Melissa Reinhart:
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Offers New Building Code Solutions
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Achieves Florida Impact Testing for G3 Multi-Slide and G3 Lift Slide Door Systems
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Wins 2014 NSA Design Awards
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Designs Energy Efficient Window System Capable of Reducing Cooling Loads
- YES Class and State Representatives Tour Solar Innovations, Inc.'s Corporate Office and Manufacturing Facility
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Releases Thermally Broken Pivot Door System
- Solar Innovations, Inc. will Exhibit at the Philly Flower Show March 1st - 9th
- Solar Innovations, Inc.'s Pivot Doors Provide Contemporary Design Solutions for Large Openings
- Solar Innovations, Inc.'s Retirement Greenhouses Positively Influence Mental and Physical Health
- Solar Innovations, Inc. Debuts Patent Pending Adjustable Door Catch Design